Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mari82 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2011, 10:22 AM
    Laminate floors separating
    My laminate flooring is separating at the seams. The gaps are significant up to 1/4 inch on 4 different pieces. The floors were installed a year ago over top of wood subloor and is no longer under warranty. The area of the floor that is separating is a high traffic area (hallway) but it is not a moisture problem. The laminate is the kind that snaps together. I asked another contractor and he said nothing could be done and to put clear silicone between the 1/4 inch gaps, has anyone heard of doing this? And is there any other way to fix the problem? It looks horrible.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 24, 2011, 11:03 AM

Snap together can be a floating floor or a glued floor. Do you know which you have? What type of wood subfloor is under these laminates?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Laminate flooring separating [ 9 Answers ]

My laminate flooring is separating at several seams, up to 1/4 inch especially in areas that we directly walk on. We had this professionally installed a yr and a half ago. Of course the warranty has expired on the installation. What do you suggest we do to correct this problem?

How to keep laminate floors from buckling [ 1 Answers ]

I have laminate flooring throughout my house (over 2000 sq ft of it) and I have notice that in several places it is starting to buckle and it looks like it is rolling up on the seam edges- it is random in several areas- even in the middle of the floor- I clean it with a laminate cleaner and dry it...

How to take care of laminate floors? [ 22 Answers ]

I purchased wood laminate floors a couple of years ago, thinking they would be easy to care for. I also got variegated med color hoping that it would hide spots and drops, etc. However, I absolutely hate them. They always look dirty and have lots of spots and streaks on them. I can not find...

Laminate flooring separating [ 1 Answers ]

We just installed laminate flooring about 3 months ago, we spilled a small amount of water and Mr. Clean in one area in the middle of the floor and after 1 day the laminate at the seam has come apart from the bottom in two separate spots. Does anyone know what can be done as we have no extra...

Laminate floors [ 1 Answers ]

Sorry, I should have stated it's a plywood subfloor that I'm the laminate floors on, and I'm trying to save a buck, is there other more affordable material to use for underlay. Thanks guys so much.

View more questions Search