Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    redsnakebadger Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2011, 06:20 PM
    22 year old male- no experience whatsoever with girls. Female views on this?
    Just want to get some female views on my situation. I'm a 22 year old male in my final year of university (and a rather good one at that).
    However up until now I have had no experience whatsoever in any shape or form with girls, let me elaborate:
    - Never had sex
    - Never kissed a girl
    - Never held hands
    - Never asked a girl out or dated
    - Never really flirted with a girl (I don't go out much)

I don't think I'm in the worst position to get a girl as:
    - I'm tall but not freakishly tall, just the perfect height
    - Excellent physical shape, I've gotten loads of compliments (even from girls) about my physique
    - I get good grades at a world class university so I'm not "dumb"
    - I've got a grad job secured with one of the world's largest financial services firms so I'm not loser career wise
    - When it comes to group projects and other such things, I'm very confident and always the group leader.

However socially I'm quite hopeless and I don't really go out, if not to say hardly at all.
    So girls, would you see a guy at my age who has never had any sort of romantic experience whatsoever someone who you'd rather not date or is this really not as big of an issue as I'm making it out to be? (not that I'd go around telling girls how much of a virgin I am but if she does ask, I will not lie or embellish the truth).
    QLP Posts: 980, Reputation: 656

Jan 23, 2011, 03:49 AM

The only problem I see here is that you are not allowing yourself to get to know any girls to find out. If you never go out and never ask a girl out on a date you're not really optimising your chances are you?

You say you get compliments from girls. So why not give compliments back and get a conversation started.

There's nothing on your 'CV' above that would have put me off. I'd rather see a genuine, inexperienced guy than a player.

There will be some girls who have a strong preference for a more outgoing and experienced man, but there will be plenty who are happy to get to know you for who you are if you give them the chance.

I once bumped into an ex and his latest girl. This guy was 30. For some reason during the conversation the girl he was with blurted out, 'you know he's still a virgin - isn't that sweet.' I knew differently lol! - he was already experienced a decade earlier when we had been together... It seems he had found pretending to be inexperienced was a way for him to pick up girls! I certainly don't go condoning this or recommending it, after all if things get serious there's going to be lies to deal with, but it just goes to show that being inexperienced is certainly not a problem for everyone.
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Jan 23, 2011, 04:15 AM

Have you considered letting your friends and family know that your on the market and if they know someone that they think you would get on with to let you know.

The people you know you best can 'vet' for you,at least until your confidence comes up.

When they do think of someone you could start easy with a double date, makes it easy on both of you as you both have a common someone you know there.

As for your romantic c.v, it would not put me off, but not something I would advertise on a first or second date, first because its your business and second don't go trusting someone you just met with your heart.
    Just Looking Posts: 1,610, Reputation: 480
    Ultra Member

Jan 24, 2011, 01:55 AM

I agree with QLP and Red. It's not as big an issue as you are making it. You sound like a nice guy with a lot to offer. I would not have been bothered by a lack of experience at age 22. I did date a guy who was 24 and fairly inexperienced. I realized it the first time he kissed me, but he was so nice, fun, etc. that I dated him for quite a while. He became a great kisser. I think if you start with a nice girl who also hasn't dated a lot, you might feel more comfortable. It doesn't take long to learn to enjoy all those things you haven't tried yet.

You don't have to learn to flirt. Just start with a smile. Get some experience talking to girls and spending time with them. You'll find flirting comes naturally when you like someone. Do things you feel comfortable doing. Do you enjoy sports? I always loved dates where we played some kind of sport, hiked, or rode bikes. I also liked joining sports leagues because it was a fun way to meet people. Aside from meeting people through friends, the best way is to meet them doing activities you enjoy.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Jan 24, 2011, 01:53 PM

For your information, I'm a guy, so I'm going to give you advice from a guy's perspective.

Sounds to me that you just need to get out of your comfort zone and start experiencing things. You just need to get the ball rolling, which you haven't even done yet. What I mean is the following:

1) You need to find a girl that you are interested in yourself, regardless of how they feel about you.

2) You need to find the courrage to ask them on a date.

3) Once on a date, you will be gaining new experiences and whatever you learn from that experience, it will carry forward to the next one.

4) Even if the girl decides to reject you, it's still an experience, because getting over a rejection for the very first time is very different from the second time and so on.

Bottom line is, we can't predict the future, we can't read a girl's mind. You need to get the ball rolling from your end and see what happens.
    answerme_tender Posts: 1,148, Reputation: 689
    Ultra Member

Jan 24, 2011, 02:20 PM

Just keep in mind, even though you are educated 22yro man, you are still going to experience the ups and downs of dating. You are going to have to put yourself out there, go through the good, bad, ugly relationships. I totally agree with above advice especially about becareful not to lose your heart to the first lady you get invovled with.

Good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a 18 year old male date a 14 year old female [ 2 Answers ]

Can a 18 yr old male date a 14 yr old female in the state of Texas

18 year old female dating a 16 year old female in Virginia [ 9 Answers ]

Im a 18 year old female and my girlfriend is 16 we have been together for 6 months. My birthday is in July and her birthday is in October. Is it OK if we are together?

Male or Female? [ 4 Answers ]

Male or Female? You might not have known this, but a lot of Non-living objects are actually either male or female. Here are some examples: FREEZER BAGS: They are male, because they hold everything in, but you can see right through them.

How can a 7 yr old male cat and a 2 year female get along? [ 7 Answers ]

MY mom adopted a male cat that had been fixed and declawed. He is about 7 years old now. She has had him about 3 years now. She recently in the last 4 weeks took in a female cat fixed but not declawed. She hisses at the male cat and tries to attack him. We have tried isolating them and spraying...

20 year old male with 17 year old female in Ohio [ 2 Answers ]

I have a friend who is 20 and the had sex with a 17 year old girl and her mom called the cops and supposedly filed a missing persons report but she wasn't gone for 24 hours . I called her mom and she said that the girl had admitted to them having sex and took her to the hospital and the found semen...

View more questions Search