Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tiggerella Posts: 184, Reputation: 13

Jan 21, 2011, 06:53 AM
    Researching the ghost(s) in my house
    In the fall of 1998, we moved into an older farm house that had several "additions" put on by the last owner. Right away, we started having odd things happen, such as a small child's giggle awakening you in the middle of the night if you fell asleep in front of the tv; things being moved from where you set them down (like a freshly poured cup of coffee) and being found someplace you hadn't been (like the mentioned cup of coffee being found, still steaming, behind spider webs in a corner so that there was no way to get it without disturbing spiders) when you're in the house alone - and last night, I got a solid tap on the temple in which my daughter, who was several paces back from me, actually saw my hair move at the same time as my face recorded the shock of having been tapped, but there was no one there to tap me.

I've been trying to find out if there was a little girl living here who may have passed away, or if any of the former owners died in the house, but so far, I'm not finding anything - not even the names of all the people who may have owned the house or how long it's been here. Naturally, not being able to find names, it's hard to discover if any of the former owners was a prankster, as that is the general feeling about the little "games" that tend to get played.

I've tried doing the Ghost Hunters thing of leaving recorders (video and audio) going, doing the question and answer sessions, etc. but whenever I set up the equipment, it's very quiet (as in not even the normal thumps, bumps and groans of the house settling for the night happening, which is very odd as my husband insists that a loud "boom" that has happened almost every night is the pipes from the steam furnace expanding when the heat kicks on). In fact, the only thing I've caught on film is the cat suddenly looking across the room and hissing when there was no one up and nothing for him to be hissing at.

Suffice to say, as we've started doing work on the house to correct some of the stupid things the former owner did when she had the additions put on (like not putting cement supports under the support beams, so the wall is starting to sag as the beams are beginning to rot where they were just buried in the dirt), the activity has started to escalate (again - as this isn't the first time we've needed to do work on the house). If anyone has any thoughts on how to deal with either (1) locating who my "ghosts" are so I can at least address them by name when asking them to behave or (2) thoughts on other ways to deal with this so that my husband will understand that, when things aren't going as he planned, it's not a personal affront to him, I would sincerely appreciate your comments.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 21, 2011, 07:07 AM

If you are starting work on the house, your visitations may escalate, mainly because they don't want changes, they want it left the way it was when they were there, but you can't do that. It is your living space right now and they must recognize that.

Contacting the entities in your space is not rocket science and actually quite basic as they are. I would suggest you pick a time after midnight and sit in a room, with may be one dull light on and start addressing them, ask that they give you a sign to recognize that you are addressing them. Explain that the space is yours now and you would appreciate them moving on. This may work, may not.

You won't be able to ever address them by name, because they don't know their names anymore tigerella. You will have to to have patience. It may have to be done over a period of nights, but you will get a reaction I am sure.

Tick
    trustinhim Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2011, 04:00 PM
    Hi I believe in Jesus Christ, and he is the light, and only way to salvation there are no ghosts (human spirits) in your home they are literally demons who lie. They love attention so do not give them any, they also want to destroy you as they hate all of Gods creation. The answer is Jesus he is the light whom removes the darkness, find a true relationship with Jesus and they have no choice but to leave, please do not try to communicate with them as this will open more doors for them to enter into your life, trust Jesus the devil is no one you can trust.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I think there might be a ghost in my house [ 19 Answers ]

We moved into an old house in January and I felt like there was a weird presence in my room. Then last night I was feeding my baby at 4 in the morning and I heard the attic door open, and then footsteps go up the stairs. For like 15 minutes there were randome thuds. Everyone else in my house was...

I have a ghost in my house [ 20 Answers ]

I have a ghost in my house. What shall I do about it:eek: I get really scared as well. Please help me. Thank you

How do you know you have a ghost in your house [ 13 Answers ]

How do you really know if they are ghousts in your house

Do I have a ghost I'm my house? [ 2 Answers ]

Well... I don't know what's going on, I don't know if I'm going crazy or what, my mom claims to hear a little boy calling her at early hours in the morning but when she gets up to see what it is, there is nothing there? My brothers girlfriend slept over here and says she saw a little boy...

I have ghost in my house [ 3 Answers ]

This may not have nothing to do with history but the other day I was laying in my living room, and I had my blanket over my head and then some how is was getting pulled down over my ear and then stopped. But after that I keeped hearing footsteps and me and my dog looked up nothing, so I laid on my...

View more questions Search