Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dogpound78 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2011, 06:01 PM
    Jan 5, 2011 I got my first DUI.
    Jan 5, 2011 I got my first DUI. Supposedly I downed a telephone pole. I am getting a lawyer. See, I had ARD for a different offense, years ago. I am so worried, I won't be able to move to base when he comes home. What is most likely going to happen?
    wcd1wcd1 Posts: 3, Reputation: -1

Feb 12, 2011, 12:49 AM
    Go to jail, go directly to jail. You make a mistake, you pay for it.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 12, 2011, 07:50 AM

"Supposedly" you took down a telephone pole? You don't know?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 12, 2011, 07:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dogpound78 View Post
    I had ARD
    You had Acid Reflux Disease?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 12, 2011, 07:57 AM

First either you took down a pole or you did not, you mean you did not know ? Passed out or knocked out ?

How did you leave the scene,

Next you did not even go back to the area and look ?

What happened to your car, totaled out?

But you could go to jail for a few days or week, but not likely, most likely you will loose your license for a bit ( suspended) you will have a large fine to pay, you will be required ( or insurance required to pay) for any damage to the telephone pole and/or other damage

How this effects moving to base ( what base ? Military? )
    I don't see how this has any bearing on that, I will assume you are married.

Also what country, from Canada to France, to the US things differ
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 13, 2011, 07:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    You had Acid Reflux Disease?

Now THIS is an interesting legal concept - you break a law, the Judge gives you a disease!

Might work better than jail time.
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 14, 2011, 11:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    Now THIS is an interesting legal concept - you break a law, the Judge gives you a disease!

Might work better than jail time.
    Got to spread the rep...

Personally I like the Idea of Erectile Dysfunction or Irritable Bowel Sydrome for a punishment more than Acid Reflux Disease... its more suitable.

Man... if you don't know if you took down a pole or not... you had to have been plastered... and your car would Definitely show the indications of it. Unless you was wandering around with a chainsaw while plastered.

I'm willing to bet there is another explanation for the ARD thing... but he's not come back to comment further.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Returning back to India in Jan 2011, what to do with 401K? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I am currently on H1 B visa, for 5 years now, and will be going back to india on 6th Jan. I will start my new job in India on 10th Jan. Need help on how to do my taxes, specially how to managme my 401K and stocks/options. I have around $27000 in my 401K account. Since I would be moving...

Income Tax for guy returning to India in Feb 2011 after staying in US since Jan 2010 [ 1 Answers ]

I've been in US since 3rd-Jan-2010 and I'll returning back to India on 2nd-Feb-2011. Do I've to pay tax for the entire FY 10-11 ? What is the tax law. For the previous 5 years I was in India.

Came to US in Jan 2009 do I need to pay tax in India for Jan,feb,mar 09 [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I came to US on H1B visa on 12Jan 09 and started getting US salary before that my company pays me indian salary. Now when I am filing returns in India do I need to pay tax on US earned salary(Jan,feb,mar 09) . If so then I can claims the returns when I file in Dec 09 in US ( if I stay...

Dui in jan 07, not sentanced yet.is it in my background yet? [ 1 Answers ]

So I got a dui in January of this year... since then I've applied to a job that did a criminal background check I believe November and I passed it. Now... I just got a job in a dealership as a receptionist and they also are doing a background check. My question is... is a dui on your record yet...

View more questions Search