Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dcorrea Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2011, 05:31 PM
    Is it wrong to be with some one because I feel he's safe?
    Is it wrong to be with some one because I feel he's safe?
    redrumx3 Posts: 62, Reputation: 15

Jan 18, 2011, 05:38 PM
    It's not wrong, I see it as a "following your head" situation. The problem is, you may be content, but if you do not love him, you won't be happy.

I tried the same thing. My boyfriend and I broke up for a year because we were having big problems, we dated other people. When the time came that we started talking again, I was left choosing between the safe option (the other guy at the time) and the risky option (my boyfriend). Obviously I chose to follow my heart in the end and I don't regret it at all, we may fight and argue but at the end of the day we are more in love than I could ever be with anyone else. I don't know what tomorrow will hold but I at least know I took the best risk.

I hope this helps!
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jan 18, 2011, 07:45 PM

It is wrong if you are leading him to believe anything other than what it really is.
    If you don't care for him other than feeling safe with him, he has the right to know that. Then he can decide if he wants to be a boyfriend or a safe harbor.
    jennife Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Jan 30, 2011, 12:50 PM
    You should be with someone who makes you feel safe.. but not just for that reason alone. As mentioned above, he has the right to know if that is only reason you are w/ him. Do you have deeper feelings for him as well? Or, just the safety? Curious as to why you mention only safety... what has happened in your past in other relationships, not only dating, but with other family members; mother/father/siblings/relatives/closefriends/aquaintances/strangers/teachers, etc. that makes the 'safety' issue stand out alone? Have you sought counciling? Yes, you should always be and feel safe in any relationship. But there is so much more to relationships than just that; particularly intimate ones. Do some soul searching. What is it that u fear, exactly? And why? Again, counciling may help you figure these questions out if you can't on your own.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 30, 2011, 01:27 PM

Its not really wrong, but if it's the only reason, then I fail to see why even be in a relationship. Just to be in one? Why? You can be safe by yourself with no strings attached. No commitment, No obligations, and no hassles.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why do I feel safe at home in my bedroom? [ 8 Answers ]

I feel safe when I am at home in my bedroom, I'd like to stay there forever, but that is not reality. Last year I tried to take my life but they saved me, I should be dead and at time I wish I were, my life is in a worse mess today than it was then, it seems that everywhere I turn I make the...

Does the sex offender registry make you feel safe? [ 46 Answers ]

Hello: Well, it SHOULDN'T. I'm going to start with a rant (because I can). Just a day or so after they caught this guy Garrido, there was a cop being interviewed on TV. He kept crediting law enforcement for the discovery of this crime... My jaw hit the floor.. In fact, it was the...

Is it wrong to feel this way? [ 4 Answers ]

I stopped getting spankings when I was either 12 or 13. But when I was in my mid teens to early 20's, I did things that probably deserved a few spankings here and there. But now that I'm older, I feel nothing but regret and guilt for those times. I also kind of feel like I haven't been forgiven and...

I feel like something is wrong with me! [ 2 Answers ]

I have been trying for over a year to conceive my 3rd child. I just don't understand I am 24 with two kids already and they came so easily why is #3 giving me problems. I am on my 2 and month of taking Clomid but I don't have much hope. I want another baby so bad!! I am in my ovulation stage right...

Am I wrong to feel this way [ 2 Answers ]

I have 2 kids for the same guy right, well we are not together but we are still in love with each other and I am engaged to someone else but I don't love the guy that I am with and me and my kids father really want to be together should I give my kids father another chance because we love each...

View more questions Search