Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dschaefer Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2011, 11:12 AM
    Is it safe to use water from my toilet supply for edible plants?
    I want to use a spare bathroom to grow edible hydroponic plants. The water supply under the toilet would be a good place to connect my plant sprouter. Is it safe to use this water since I'll be eating the plants?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jan 17, 2011, 11:28 AM

The water supply to the toilet is the same as the water supply to your sink, so no problem.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Jan 17, 2011, 01:08 PM

Yes, it is safe. As stated in above answer, it is exactly the same water as in rest of your house, including kitchen sink and shower.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet water supply tube [ 0 Answers ]

Wondering how much does it cost to get the 12' water supply tube and it`s valve to get replaced. My toilet leaked and the cause was a leaky supply tube and now the water kept going down in the neighbor`s bathroom which resulted in making his ceiling fall out.It needs to be fixed asap. Help.

Toilet water supply won't shut off. [ 7 Answers ]

OK... so my problem started SEVERAL months ago. First, the valve that controls the fill line in the tank stopped functioning and my tank would continually overflow and the water would get to where it would leak through the flusher handle hole of the tank onto the floor. This part was a...

No water supply valve to toilet [ 1 Answers ]

Live in mobile home which uses a rubber flex tubing to bring water into the home. My toilet doesn't have a watersupply valve connected to such tubing. How would I add a shut off valve to my toilet. Not having a shut off valve connected to the fill line leaves me to go outside to shut off water...

Toilet Water Supply Problem [ 3 Answers ]

I have just recently finished installing a new toilet in my bathroom (Much thanks to Speedball1) and I have run into a problem connecting the water supply. I have a half inch CPVC coming out of the wall to the shut off valve, on top of the shut off valve is 5/8" compression in CPVC. So far I...

View more questions Search