Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RSmriti Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2011, 06:20 AM
    Finalo (finasteride 1 mg)
    I am a female, 29 years old. I have thyroid but my reports are consistently very normal for last whole year. Currently I am suffering with huge hairloss. I almost lost my more than half volume of hairs. I took a hair treatment from my doctor. I have taken 2 tablets of finalo (finasteride 1 mg) in the night for my hair loss. That was advised by my doctor. But as soon as I took 1 tablet the next day from morning itself there was a reaction on the right side of my brain. There was a slight wave like thing passed from the right side of my brain to the top left side of my brain. It was not that painful it was only some sort of sensation. It happened 6 to 8 times on 1st day. I ignored it thinking it's a minor thing. When I took 2nd tablet in the night (that is yesterday 16th Jan 2011) on today morning (17th Jan 2011) I felt very uneasy, tired, weak, restless and depressed. My brain area feels very heavy as if I am under a very high dose of some medicine. I was not able to concentrate on my work (where I have to continuously work on Computer) and I almost rushed to my home. There was a feeling of being insecured and longing for something. I don't know what and I know it sound crazy like a mental illness. That is the reason I feel bit scared about the reaction. There was both physical and psychological reaction. I am almost confused for whole day whenever I conversed to anyone. Especially in the morning when I was responding to some query of my colleague I did reply her rightly but I didn't know what I replied to her ? I just spoke like a machine. As soon as I moved from my office I straight headed to my Doctor and told him about it. He immediately asked me to stop the tablet and he was some sort of scared to. I came home and researched about the tablet on interent and came to know so many things about it. I looked at the tablet strip that I had and now I realised after reading it that its only for MEN. I seriously do not understand when the tablet strictly mentioned about the MEN thing why in the 1st place it was prescribed to me. Now in the evening there is no much of this psychological problem. But, still there is heaviness in brain and my whole body feels heavy and stressed. Especially on the back of my neck I feel some pressure. I feel my brain and body is under lot of stress. I love my work and I am passionate about it. It never happened that I felt not interested about my work. In fact even now I feel like doing it. But, when I sit to do it I am not able to concentrate and I lose my interest from it. I wanted to know how long this reaction of tablet will take to overcome. Is it highly dangerous. Do my symptoms sound an alarm to rush to some neurologist ? OR will I be normal soon. I want to do my work. I am an artist by profession and an artist cannot live her/his life without her/his arts. Please guide me.. I desperately need some help.

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.