Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chava36 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2011, 01:55 PM
    2000 honda civic si crank position sensor test
    I have a 2000 handa civic si coupe and I changed the timeing belt. The car ran fine for 5 minutes and then I turned it off. When I went back to start it I did not start. I checked for spark and there is nothing the cel comes on and then shuts of like it normaly does and there is fuel I have checked the coil and its fine the crank position sensor read only .43 volts I don't know if that is normal
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jan 16, 2011, 02:08 PM

The problem is distributor related. Replacing the Ignition Control Module (ICM) and coil should solve the problem:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post265896

Bench testing these components is not reliable.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2000 Honda Civic knock sensor [ 2 Answers ]

Where is the knock sensor located on the 2000 Honda Civic EX 4D 1.6l (single overhead cam)?

97 honda civic code 1381 cylinder position sensor [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, My 97 civic just started showing an error code 1381 (P1381--Cylinder Position Sensor Intermittent Interruption). My understanding is that if it is a problem with the individual sensors, the distributor has to be replaced - because they don't sell the individual sensors. Last July the...

Crank shaft position sensor [ 1 Answers ]

Can you tell me where I can find the crank shaft position sensor on a Ford 6.0 powerstroke

1989 honda civic. (code 4)crank angle sensor.(code 8) tdc position sensor [ 0 Answers ]

The car idles randomly after warm up.I check the ecu for codes and it gives 4 crank angle sensor and 8 tdc position sensor. I did a search and one of the ad posted by a guy in Canada says that he had to get part from different vehicles until he got all of them to work properly. Will I be able to...

Honda Civic-98 No crank, failed K-test [ 7 Answers ]

Hello All, I have a 5door honda civic MB3. The car will not crank. Battery is OK 1 All fuses ok: To the ignition switch is fine. 3 Starter works fine if I bypass everything from the ignition switch to the starter. For the relay clicks twice, the CEL goes out. (the relay is also...

View more questions Search