Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jimkalb Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2011, 11:31 PM
    Is federal circuit breaker for disabled still available, filing 2011
    I have always received a circuit breaker of $750.00 each year in the past but this year, when I looked on the IRS web site I I could not find any information on the federal circuit breaker. I would like to know if this program has been phased out. There used to be a yellow circuit breaker form that you filled out and sent in with your 1099 and proof of your amount of rent per month for the year.

Jim K.
    St. Louis, MO
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jan 16, 2011, 03:11 PM
    I have NEVER heard of this (federal circuit breaker for disabled), and I have worked taxes for thrty years.
    jimkalb Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2011, 07:40 PM
    Comment on AtlantaTaxExpert's post
    I've been permanently disabled since 1991 and have been receiving a circuit breaker since then on my federal tax return of $750.00. This year unable to find yellow circuit breaker sheet in manual, was normally in w/ 1040A instructions/manual.
    MOOKIE333 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2011, 09:41 AM
    I use to file an illinois circuit breaker but now i live in georgia can i file a georgia circuit breaker?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Dec 16, 2011, 09:50 AM
    The "circuit breaker" is a credit on your state income taxes (not federal taxes) for eligible people who pay real estate taxes or rent. The details vary by state. Illinois has a program - see: Circuit Breaker and Illinois Cares Rx , but Georgia does not:Georgia | Tax Credits for Working Families
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Dec 16, 2011, 10:11 AM
    Excellent, ebaines!

Learn something new everyday!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Theory of vacuum Circuit Breaker & sf6 circuit breaker [ 15 Answers ]

I want to know about the basic Theory of vacuum Circuit Breaker & sf6 circuit breaker

Circuit Breaker trips because two bathrooms and master bedroom on same circuit [ 6 Answers ]

Some electrician committed a blunder in my opinion about 17 years ago. The master bedroom and two full bathrooms are all on the same circuit. If two hair dryers are used at the same time, it will trip the breaker every time. In figuring out what amperage would be required for two hair dryers and...

OPT Tax Filing for 2011 [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have graduated in dec 2009 and I am on Post Completion OPT and employed as an independent contractor on 1099 basis for five months i.e from (May 2010 - Sep 2010), and then changed to W2 from oct 2010 onwards. I did not file for taxes on 1099 also. So can you tell me how to file for...

Federal laws governing divorcing the disabled [ 2 Answers ]

My Son was separated from his wife for over a year and was in college. After being Separated for over a year he moved his wife a baby to the state he was attending school. During his time in school I provided financial support to him to assist him in attending school and to take care of his baby. ...

Issues when replacing single circuit breaker with duplex breaker [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Westinghouse B20 2040CT Circuit Breaker Panel with a 200 amp main. I am remodeling my kitchen and would like to correct some of the current wiring problems I inherited when I purchased the house. A number of circuits are current heavily loaded and I want to take this opportunity to...

View more questions Search