Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    annamarie2013 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2011, 05:38 PM
    Underage Marriage
    Im living in Waco, Texas and my boyfriend proposed to me. I'm only fifteen though, would be still be able to get married?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 15, 2011, 06:11 PM

Not in a million years if you have loving responible parents.

But if your parents are willing to sign for you to be married, you can
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Jan 15, 2011, 07:00 PM

You are 15, please wait, don't commit at such a young age.
    How old is your boyfriend?:confused:
    annamarie2013 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2011, 11:37 AM
    Comment on Just Dahlia's post
    My boyfriends 19, and we've been together for the past year.
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Jan 17, 2011, 11:47 AM

Legal? With parental consent.

Smart? Wait three years, then it would be smarter.

You're 15. Please don't get married yet. You have so much of life yet to experience. Believe me. I'm 31 and just got married last month. I went to college, got a masters degree, taught English on a college level in China for two years, found out who I am, and really got to live.

I'm not saying that is for everyone, but just wait a bit. Life is too long to make a mistake so early. Please.

Talk to your parents about it.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Jan 18, 2011, 08:27 AM

Just to make certain I understand the relationship: You have been with your boyfriend for a year and you are now 15? He is now 19.

Under 16 years of age you have to have judicial approval.

McLennan County - County Clerk

•Must be at least 18 years of age
    •The Minimum age for marriage in Texas with Parental Consent is 16. Judicial approvals required for anyone under the age of 16. Individuals 16 or 17 must have either judicial approval or parental consent. Minor applicant must provide a certified copy of their birth certificate and Social Security Numbers. Identification is required for the consenting parent. (Texas Driver's License or Texas State I.D.)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Underage Marriage [ 3 Answers ]

A little background on the situation: My brother is 17 and married to a girl who is 20, my parents signed the papers for him to get married in the state of Indiana in Feb. this year - stupid, I know. Thing is, as expected, his wife asked for a divorce recently; unfortunately, she decided she...

Underage marriage [ 11 Answers ]

Okay Im 15 and my boyfriend is 23. I live in Indiana. I already have a kid. And I would like to know if there's a way we can get married without parent consent?

Underage Marriage [ 5 Answers ]

I am going to be 17 years old Saturday and I have been living with my boyfriend for a while and I want to get married. My mom has custidy of me and she doesn't know yet but she won't care she never does. I need to know where I can get the papers telling me what I need exactly to get married and who...

Underage marriage [ 28 Answers ]

I am 15 years old and I have a boyfriend who is 21 years old. Can he get in trouble if we try to get married?( I have a baby)

Underage marriage [ 1 Answers ]

i am 17 years of age and i need a notarized parental consent to get married in arizona. what is a notarized parental consent? how do i get one? and do i need my parent present.

View more questions Search