Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DeepLover69 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2007, 03:34 PM
    Cutting..
    Im Vanessa and I'm 15 years old. Ever since I was 12 I was having sex. I would cut after almost every time because I was scared to tell my parents and that causesd a lot of stress. Even if I didn't have sex I would cut because of something that happened during the day. One time that I cut I had to go to the hospital because it wouldn't stop bleeding. But I didn't go to my parents, I went to my bestfriends mom who was more of a mom to me. Since my real mom beat me I was scared to tell her anything. I wound up having to have a cast-like object on my arm for cutting at age 12. Everyone in school asked what it was from but I wouldn't tell them. One day my best friend told the whole school and everyone knew it was because I cut. But I would tell them all it was from wan I was cooking.. or I feel into a pricker bush, and the funny thing is.. most of them beleaved it so they stopped bugging me about it. I stopped cutting for about 5 months and by this time I was 13. I had just started going out with this boy and it was our 7 month ann. When he broke up with me. I was devastated and heartbroken. Once I got home that night I cut and cut. Then I tried to choke myself by taking one of my dads ties and tieing it around my neck and pulling. My parents said that they found me in my room passed out on the ground with a tie around my neck and cuts all down my wrists. They took me to the emergency room where I stayed for about 3-4 days. As soon as I got out my parents said they were going to send me away to a place like rehab for cutters all the was in Texas. The whole time I was there I would find something that was shar enough to cut my arm. It wast as bad, and wasn't every day. I was there for about a year, I was 14 when I came back.. about 4-5 moths away from being 15 and I started to cut everyday and badly again. I still am and I'm 15. I know everyone is going to thhink that I'm insane, but I'm really not, its like a drug. Some people get addicted to herion and I'm addicted to cutting. But I really would love to stop more then anything and I was wondering if I could get some help
    Cerenia Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2007, 03:50 PM
    I used to be addicted to cutting, but I started a diary on my feelings, kept my hands busy, but I'd put all my rage into writing, then afterwards, burn it, just making my feelings burn away in the progress, stupid but that helped quite a bit, might help a little?
    isetmyfriendsonfire Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2007, 01:54 PM
    Hunny, I promise you it will get better. I was a cutter, and in fact I do still cut sometimes, but only when stuff gets too bad. I know how addictive it can be, it's a way of controlling everything bad in your life by focusing it all in on the pain, but it doesn't help. My boyfriend of a year and a half broke up with me and I cut very badly. I also considered suicide. It took that to show me I was ill and I talked to my mother about it. As you do not seem to have a great relationship with your mother, I suggest you find someone to confide in-it helps. Keep a diary-that helps too. You've been through a lot, but cutting, although it feels like it helps, doesn't. It makes it worse.

Please, get help.

Good Luck
    DeepLover69 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2007, 04:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by isetmyfriendsonfire
    Hunny, i promise you it will get better. I was a cutter, and in fact i do still cut sometimes, but only when stuff gets too bad. I know how addictive it can be, its a way of controlling everything bad in your life by focusing it all in on the pain, but it doesnt help. My boyfriend of a year and a half broke up with me and i cut very badly. i also considered suicide. It took that to show me i was ill and i talked to my mother about it. As you do not seem to have a great realtionship with your mother, i suggest you find someone to confide in-it helps. keep a diary-that helps too. Youve been through alot, but cutting, although it feels like it helps, doesnt. it makes it worse.

Please, get help.

Good Luck
    Thank you. I tried the diary thing, but it only worked for about a week. I don't know. Ill try it again. Thanks =]
    Emily94 Posts: 1,129, Reputation: 64
    Ultra Member

Jan 18, 2007, 03:56 PM
    Snap a rubber band on your wrist same pain just no marks try it it helped me
    p42once Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2007, 03:37 PM
    What is cutting?
    ashley132 Posts: 34, Reputation: 2

Jan 19, 2007, 03:39 PM
    try getting in a club after school. It will keep your mind off the cutting and it will relive the stress. I was a cutter, and when I went to school I was ashed that everyone was going to notice me. I soon got in to a drama club were I can express my feelings out loud and no one would care. I also learned that cutting is a teribble sin from one of my counclers at brookhill ranch. They helped me a lot. If you want I could hook you up with one of the counclers. They are nice and understaning.by the way I'm 14 now and I stopped last year.
    ashley132 Posts: 34, Reputation: 2

Jan 19, 2007, 03:41 PM
    Cutting is getting any sharp object and using it to make yourself bleed. Like getting a razor and sliting your wrists with it. It is also know as self mutalating(I think that is how you spell it)
    Rachelm1123 Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Mar 12, 2007, 12:12 PM
    I used to cut too. The reason you are cutting is because the physical pain is better than the emotional pain you are experiencing. PLEASE take my advice... go to a counselor ASAP. Do it tomorrow. Things will get better, but you HAVE to work at it. Tell the counselor what you have been doing and get a psychiatrist. Please do this. This is coming from a 26 year old recovering bipolar.
    iHELPPEOPLE Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2010, 02:49 PM
    My friend has been a cutter for a while now. It was about a boy too. It caused A LOT of drama at school. One of her friends told on her. The principal had to call her into the office to help her stop. She felt that cutting took away her problems. She loved the sight of her blood so much because she saw the blood as her problems leaving her. She doesn't cut anymore. We helped her stop. I assure you cutting is not the way to go when you are depressed. One way of getting rid of your anger is taking your nails and run them down your skin without making it bleed. You can see the red marks, but no blood. It doesn't cause too much risk of death. I'm sure none of your friends or family want to see you in a hospital or a coffin. Hope this helps a little.
    iHELPPEOPLE Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2010, 02:49 PM
    My friend has been a cutter for a while now. It was about a boy too. It caused A LOT of drama at school. One of her friends told on her. The principal had to call her into the office to help her stop. She felt that cutting took away her problems. She loved the sight of her blood so much because she saw the blood as her problems leaving her. She doesn't cut anymore. We helped her stop. I assure you cutting is not the way to go when you are depressed. One way of getting rid of your anger is taking your nails and run them down your skin without making it bleed. You can see the red marks, but no blood. It doesn't cause too much risk of death. I'm sure none of your friends or family want to see you in a hospital or a coffin. Hope this helps a little.
    Kourtney11 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 24, 2011, 07:05 AM
    Oh my god I think I am going to cry... :( I am so sorry of what you went through. But I can advise you to try and stop cutting yourself and stay strong because... I am currently a cutter and I almost died by cutting too much, and my father used to beat my mom for nothing. But be sure to stop now and I know it's a huge challenge, but ts worth a shot. I can share my story with you. Okay? Heyy! Guess what I read online? Its so sad and painful!
    Read it!

" I've started cutting on the 18th of November 2011. I started to cut myself when I thought that I screwed my chances with a close friend and I thought I was losing everything I had, I sliced my index 5 times until I started feeling faint. Then I stopped for 16 days. Cause my boyfriend made me promise not to harm myself again cause he loves me too much and doesn't want to lose me. So I stopped... but last night I felt empty and lonely, remembering all those painful dark times I was going through. So I started crying and I remembered I had pieces of small glass under my nightstand that been there for months cause my brother broke something accidentally, but as I was saying... I was remembering my sad/painful/depressing past. So I sliced my left arm/wrist 32 times except their small and my right arm 1 time but its 3 inches and it bled for awhile. And it was hard enough to tell my boyfriend before how am I going to tell him now? I never thought or tried to kill myself. But I thought that feeling pain was better then feeling numbness and emptiness. But I guess I was wrong.
    Anyway please help. ''
    Kourtney11 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 24, 2011, 07:31 AM
    Hey sorry for they ' hey guess what I read online stuff... ' I got that mixed in with my story.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cutting hair [ 2 Answers ]

Can anybody tell me how to go about 'texturizing' the top of my hair for volume?

Cutting [ 7 Answers ]

Im a 13 year old girl. Every time I get sad, I take a razor, and I cut myself. I want to stop. But I don't know how. What should I do?

Cutting rafters [ 5 Answers ]

How do I figure out the length and seat cut of rafters if my building is 8ft. Wide with a 6/12 pitch

Cutting Hedges [ 2 Answers ]

I have two sections of hedges in front of my house that are about 41/2 feet high. I would like to cut them back to about 3 feet high. What is the right way to do this? Thank you.

View more questions Search