Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hayziie Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2011, 11:24 AM
    Magnets
    A magnetic field is the region around a magnet where a magnetic force may be detected what sort of material do you need to use the force?
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Jan 13, 2011, 11:39 AM

Um... I'm not sure what you mean by 'use the force'...

Permanent magnets can be used in dynamos (to make electricity). You might want to look for more about this on the net.

In this device, a conducting coil of wire is inserted between two poles of a magnet (different poles) and the coil is made to rotate quickly. The magnetic field then creates an electric current in the coil which can be used.

This is how electricity is made in most power plants (thermal and hydroelectric power plants are two examples)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Magnets and electronics [ 6 Answers ]

Are electronics effected by magnets now a day. I remember while growing up people would tell me to not put magnets near electronics cause it could hurt them and erase data but I'm starting to think that maybe magnets don't have that effect anymore or never did, Could I lay a SD card on a cordless...

Industrial magnets? [ 2 Answers ]

The people who lived here before us dumped a whole bunch of nails, and glass, and metal at the back of the property. We were unaware of this until we started tearing out trees to make way for a clearer horse pasture. Now the debris has been somewhat scattered around a certain area of the field. We...

Products containing magnets? [ 15 Answers ]

I have seen many products recently containing magnets. Mostly bedding and eye masks. Does having magnets underneath you while you sleep actually have any benefit? Or is it just a money making scheme? They are suppposed to give you a "better nights sleep" My partner had an eye mask with...

Cameras and magnets? [ 2 Answers ]

I got a magnetic snap shut case for my camera, and I am wondering if magnets are safe for cameras cause I heard somewhere that they aren't... my camera is a Samsung L100 does anyone know if its good to go?

Magnets [ 3 Answers ]

I have magnets to keep kitchen cabinets closed. Two of the magnets have gotten very weak. How is it possible to restore the power of the magnet? Thank you!

View more questions Search