Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    tomislav's Avatar
    tomislav Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jan 12, 2011, 12:32 AM
    Custodial parent wants to take child out of country for two months

    I'm the custodial parent and I would like to take my 3 year old son out of the country (Croatia)for two months this summer. I've spoken to his mother and she said it would be fine. Since we have 50/50 legal, what permission or documents would I need from the courts? She has 20% visitation so I told her I would work out the extra visits with her prior to him leaving. I also have to get a passport him as well. We're in California.

    Thanks in advance!

    cdad's Avatar
    cdad Posts: 12,701, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

    Jan 12, 2011, 03:48 AM

    You will need a permission document from the mother and it must be noterized. It will need to contain the dates and places your traveling. Along with return dates.
    ScottGem's Avatar
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

    Jan 12, 2011, 03:52 AM

    You may need to obtain a visa for the child so check with the State Dept and the Croation embassy.
    Fr_Chuck's Avatar
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,303, Reputation: 7692

    Jan 12, 2011, 06:25 AM

    And I will add a side note for a change, It is so nice to see a separated couple working together, allowing the child to travel. So often we get the other ones.

    I will agree with the two answers, that is all you should need.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Custodial parent gave child to Non Custodial Parent now wants him back? [ 2 Answers ]

My husbands ex called us back in October and said that she could no longer handle their son (he is 7) and she was afraid she would "snap" one day and hurt him so we moved him in with us. My step son calls his mom on a daily basis he is doing better in school, and as a family have started...

Custodial parent sent child to live in foreign country with grandparents [ 7 Answers ]

What is the non-custodial parent's obligation when the custodial parent sends the child to live with grandparents in another country without notifying non-custodial parent/court/DCSE, etc. prior?

Taking a child out of the country by a non-custodial parent [ 1 Answers ]

I am the primary custodial parent of a 21 month-old baby, and her father, who has visitation took her to Costa Rica on his family's private jet without getting written consent from me. I thought the law was either parent custodial and non-custodial parents have to get written consent before taking...

View more questions Search