Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Annie09 Posts: 0, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2011, 04:08 PM
    Breastfeeding, Birth Control, Missed Periods
    I had a baby on August 25. I had a period in October, so I started my period that Sunday. Then a week later had another one. I didn't have sex until the second week of my second pack of birth control. Im breastfeeding full time. I have missed two periods. I haven't had any symptoms. Could I be pregnant?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 9, 2011, 04:15 PM

It's possible.

Have you tried taking a pregnancy test?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 9, 2011, 04:16 PM

Expert will chime in here, annie, but probably your system is confused because you are breastfeeding full time, concentrating on the baby.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jan 9, 2011, 06:14 PM

Breastfeeding itself, especially full time, usually alters your cycles. It is natures way of trying to space out pregnancies.

It could happen that you are pregnant, but between full time breastfeeding, and using the pill, it would be unlikely. Certainly try a pregnancy test so that you can find out one way or the other.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Missed Period But On Birth Control [ 3 Answers ]

I have been on this birth control (implanon) for 1 1/2 years. I have always had regular periods. Always 28 days apart. But this month I have 5 days late. I have been reading online and have seen girls say they have gotten pregnant on this birth control. Am I pregnant?

Stopping birth control, missed period after [ 1 Answers ]

I was on the birth control pill for three months, and on the third pack I began spotting about two weeks before I was due for my period. After stopping the third pack, I got my period, as usual. I did not continue with the birth control pill, however, since I had very bad symptoms while on the...

Why have I got my period twice in 2 weeks? Breastfeeding and on birth control [ 1 Answers ]

I have just got my period agen (on the 11th) when I had my last one start on the 28th and lasted 4days and was light but had sex with my partner the day before. I have a 7 month old baby who is fully breastfed and have been on birth control for 3months. I also have camping pains. When I first had...

Missed period on birth control. [ 1 Answers ]

I am almost 19 and have been seeing my boyfriend for over 3 years now, On September 4 which was a Friday he came to visit me and stayed until Monday. We had unprotected sex on Saturday and on Sunday(Which was the day I start taking my inactive pills) I started my period on that Tuesday as I...

Birth Control missed pills [ 6 Answers ]

Okay, I forgot to take my last pill on Saturday a week ago, and then I was not able to pick up my prescription today, and will have to pick it up in the morning. What should I do. Do I take the last pill and the next one tomorrow morning, and then the Monday one on Monday night. I am sexually...

View more questions Search