ladydi14 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2007, 04:52 PM
    algebra question
    what if an equation has 3 variables

what is the answer?:confused:
    cool_dude Posts: 124, Reputation: 9

Jan 11, 2007, 05:00 PM
    Please give an example of an equation.

When you say 3 variables do you mean 3 different variables or 3 the same variables?
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jan 14, 2007, 02:16 PM
    Are you talking about a linear equation? Also, are you talking about a system of equations or a single equation? You have to give a little more specific information about your problem in order to be able to give you a definitive answer?
    junior111 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2011, 03:20 PM
    A motorboat traveled for 2 hours with a 4mph current. The return trip against the same current took 10 hours. Find the speed of the motorboat in still water
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jul 29, 2011, 08:12 AM

junior: please do not tack a new qustion onto an old thread, especially if it has nothing to do with the original subject.

To help get you started: if the speed of the boat in still water is x, then the speed of the boat when going with the current is x + 4 MPH, and when going against the current is x-4 MPH. The distance traveled in both cases is the same, which is equal to the speed of the boat multiplied by the time it takes. Can you take it from here?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Algebra II question: PLEASE HELP! [ 3 Answers ]

I need to know how to work this problem: Simplify. 3+i _____ 2-3i

Help with algebra 2 question please [ 5 Answers ]

On one of my recent test this was one of the problem that I was unable to do. Can anyone help me with it, and show me the steps please? I'm familiar with fractional exponents, but when it came to this problem with a radical exponent I didn't know what to do: ...

Algebra [ 1 Answers ]

simplify 1.(x^m+2)(x^-2)(x^m-5)

Need Algebra Help! [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. I am a mother who's son is doing homeschooling. As part of the program I have to check his tests. I would like to know if it would be possible for you to answer a couple of questions from his test and show work. This way it will be possible for me to grade his tests. THANK YOU! Find the...

Algebra [ 1 Answers ]

Can you please help me solve? If M+N=3 and M^2+N^2=6, Find the numerical value for M(cubed)+N (cubed).

View more questions Search