Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bellevue Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2011, 11:08 AM
    Problems with typing characters on keyboard
    Suddenly, when I type a character, an additional one appears, such as "w" opens up IE help page: r becomes r5; p becomes p-; etc. In fact, something also just deleted my entire message here and I had to start over. I have tried all suggestions on your help page, such as regional language, checked for updates; troubleshoot (says it works properly) reboot computer, etc. Nothing works. The keyboard has worked fine. I have XP. It makes typing in passwords impossible, and more issues, too.

Thank you.

Check out some similar questions!

Keyboard typing wrong characters [ 5 Answers ]

Hiya all, I'm an IT professional and embarrassed to say that I don't know the answer to this question. I have a IBM Thinkpad T42 and although the regional settings and input locale are set to English (UK), the keybord seems to by typing everything in English (US) I've tried everything I...

Keyboard typing the wrong characters [ 3 Answers ]

My Gateway Laptop computer types the wrong characters for instance I press the letter o and the number 6 comes up

Keys typing wrong characters [ 7 Answers ]

The @ key and " key are exchanged. The back slash comes up as#.and several other keys come up with the wrong characters. What do I do? Regards Theo:)

Keyboard typing wrong characters [ 1 Answers ]

When I try to type an apostrophe on my keyboard, I get è. When I try to type the quotation marks, I get È. When I try to type a back slash, I get é. When I try to type a question mark, I get É. When I try to type the left square bracket I get nothing, but when I press it a second time, I get...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.