Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jabag11 Posts: 105, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2010, 02:14 PM
    Can wearing a hat or hoodie every day cause eventual hair loss?
    I wear my hoodie (which is the hood of a sweatshirt or jacket) every day, about 5 hours of the day to keep extra warm. Do you think that doing this can cause eventual hair loss? That is, with time. You know, maybe in 20 years or so, I will start losing some hair since I wore a hoodie every day as a kid. I'm 19 and am a male.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 31, 2010, 02:25 PM
    No.
    Defiantly an old wives tale.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 31, 2010, 03:03 PM

If a hoodie or hat rubs against your hair in a harsh way, yes, you might (MIGHT!) experience some hair loss, but the hair would grow back once the hat or hoodie is not rubbing on a regular basis. As for it being permanent hair loss -- NO!

My younger son used to wear a baseball cap backwards with the sizing band across his hairline in front. His hairline started to recede, and he panicked. I told him to lose the baseball cap, and the hair grew back. He decided I was the smartest mother in the world.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I dyed my hair brown it turned out green ,hat do I do? [ 7 Answers ]

I have dyed my blonde hair brown and it turned out green!! How can I fux it at home?

When wearing a straples dress hair up or down? [ 3 Answers ]

Well I'm going to an went this weekend and it's formal but not too dressy. I'm wearing a strapless dress, what would be the bes hair style to go with? Hair up or down?

Does wearing a hoodie elevate your brain temperature? [ 1 Answers ]

I wear my hoodie (hood on a Jacket) every day. Apparently, when a person's brain temperature becomes too elevated, it triggers a yawn to cool down the brain. So I ask, do you think wearing a hoodie a lot elevates the brain temperature?

Can wearing a barette damage my hair? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have thick, wavy, sometimes oily hair and I'm having a hard time taking care of it. A lot of times when I let it dry naturally it frizzes out and looks awful even if I put product in it, but when I try to blow-dry it, I feel like I'm damaging it even more with heat styling. I've noticed a lot...

View more questions Search