Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sonalibhawsar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2010, 03:20 AM
    My husband is text flirting with single girl
    Ours is 11 yers happy marriage. But recently I found out that my husband is texting flirty jokes to a girl who is friend of his niece (She is 20 half his age). They are texting each other since a year which I did not know. When I confronted him he showed "so what?men are likethat' attitude. She touches him, talks only with him in presence of other family members. He is still texting her but after my confrontation he started deleting inbox and sent messages between them immediately. He is ignoring and not talking to me. To tease me he has started the habits which I never liked like coming late home, drinking, smoking, hard partying and passing the time with his friends. I am very upset, confused what to do and also suffering from distress. Please Guide me.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Dec 31, 2010, 08:45 AM
    He's 40 and she's 20, and this relationship between the two has been ongoing for at least a year. Let me be the first to tell you that you are not being paranoid or insecure in feeling that this relationship between them is inappropriate. The age difference is one thing, but regardless of that, even if it were a person his own age, it would still be inappropriate.

That his behaviour has changed so drastically, and that he has essentially tuned you out, has to somehow be addressed. It seems like he has decided himself, to be 20, single and carefree. But, he is a 40 year old married man. Two distinct and different creatures.

There are some things you could do, if you haven't already thought of them. One is to insist on counselling. Make an appointment and tell him you expect him to be there. If he won't go, you go, and keep up with the counselling for your own benefit. If he can't find a way to attend an hour or two of counselling to address your concerns, that should tell you something.

You could leave, or temporarily separate. Again, if he makes no effort to address the issues, that too should tell you something.

I don't know how far you will get with him obviously not being too interested in his marriage, and the fact that he won't talk, but I would say that it might be time to think of your future without him. If he remains the way he is, and continues without any regard to you, there isn't much of a marriage going on there.

talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 31, 2010, 05:15 PM

My wife would have destroyed my cell phone, exiled me to the porch, and fed me cold uncooked grits, until she felt I was ready to be a proper husband.

Just so you know.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 31, 2010, 05:28 PM

Agreed, my wife would have taken my cell phone and stomped it to 100 pieces and told me that I had to sleep sometime and think about it.

After that, the girl would never be allowed to any event we went to. I would call the mother of the niece and tell her that if this girl was invited not to invite you.

If husband does it again, he can sleep on the couch, do his own laundry and cook his own meals

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Husband flirting [ 10 Answers ]

I have been married for 5 years. My husband is a big flirt. A year ago he and my best friend start flirting each other. I talked to my friend if there were something going on between her and my husband, she said to me no. So I asked my husband the same question my husband responded by telling me I...

Not sure if girl is flirting with me [ 5 Answers ]

I have just got out of a 4 year relationship and I graduated HS last year. I'm a good looking guy and very outgoing. There is this girl she is a Sophomore, and I met her just a few days ago. She found me on Facebook and left a comment saying we should hang out soon, and she gave me her number....

Insecurity with flirting husband [ 5 Answers ]

Insecurity with flirting husband-- my husband has this thing about flirting with every cute waitress that waits on him whether I am around or not. To the point that the waitress starts hitting on him. How should I deal with this. I have spoke to him about how uncomfortable I am with it but he...

Text flirting [ 9 Answers ]

I caught my husband of 11 years text flirting with his cousins wife we talked and talked and he said it was a silly mistake and takes full responsibility (she also came clean and said it was all her idea) but at the weekend I could not resist checking my husbands phone as he always never leaves it...

Husband flirting with other women [ 28 Answers ]

I caught my husband called and SMS text messages with many women. He regularly met those women in the bars, restaurants. He told me they are female friends. He just like the attention from them. He said there never have sexual relations with those women, only talking, joking or dancing. We have...

View more questions Search