Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smoothy_sweety Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2010, 01:05 PM
    Missed Micarriage options
    Hi,

I went on for a routine ultrasound today at 11weeks 5 days and found that there was no heartbeat and baby had stopped growing at 10 weeks 3 days. The doctor gave me 3 options of waiting for it to happen naturally, taking pills vaginally or D & C. Could anyone suggest what will be the best? Secondly how long does the body take to expel it naturally? I am feeling a bit scared for D&C.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 28, 2010, 02:27 PM
    This is such a personal decision, I hesitate to even say what I would do, but I would want have it end rather than wait, and in the clinic. That's just me. I think I'd opt for the pills..
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Dec 28, 2010, 04:18 PM

Personally, I would have the ultrasound findings confirmed before I would be comfortable with making a decision. I know it can be very obvious, but I would just need that peace of mind.

As joyfulv said, it is a very personal decision. I'd discuss it with my partner, a trusted friend, or family member. I "think" I would want to let it happen naturally, but have never been in that position so I can't say for sure. Sorry that you are having to make such a decision. I wish you well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Missed pill, missed period week later missed pills again, got my period? [ 3 Answers ]

About last week I missed 4 pills and I didn't get my period for missing the pill and just this week I missed 3 pills and got my period and at first coming out red and now it is coming out brown? But about a week and a half ago I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend and thought the reason for not...

Missed period after on depo shot for 3.5 yrs, had a normal period now missed? [ 1 Answers ]

I was on the depo provera shot for 3.5 years, I discontiued the shot in July of 2009. I had my first normal period May 7 2010 and I haven't had one since, what could be wrong? I took a pregnancy test but it came up negative.

Micarriage after hearing heartbeat. [ 2 Answers ]

Hey.. I was just wondering if its true that the risk of miscarriage goes down a lot after the heartbeat is heard. I have read where a lot of people say that so I was just wondering. I am 11wk 3day. I heard the heart beat at 9wks and it was 178 and they said that was great. I am just very paranoid...

What are my options. If any? [ 4 Answers ]

I am a father who has joint custody with physical placement of my two children, 12 and 13, and their mother was granted supervised visitation each Sat. for 4 hours due to many issues she has. Since this judgement A LOT has changed. Their mother married a man who was into the same kind of stuff she...

Scared of micarriage [ 2 Answers ]

Hi 5 weeks pregnant. I don't have really any pregnancy symptoms at all,does that mean I I don't have many hormones and so not a strong pregnancy? Scared I'm going to loose the baby. I'm a horse riding instructor and I have to help beginers trot and canter, I don't mind the light jogging...

View more questions Search