Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MarieB87 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2010, 07:25 AM
    Menstrual type bleeding during active pill cycle?
    Hello,

I had a Mirena IUD for just over a year that was removed on November 23rd this year. I started taking Loestren 24 the following week. I did not have signs of menstruation at all while the IUD was in place. A few days after starting the birth control pill I started, what seemed to be my period. Not a spotting or other discharge, which lasted 2-3 days. A week later; same thing. Then yesterday the same thing started.

I'm really just curious if this is normal. I have taken a different type of birth control pill before and experienced spotting during the active pills but not this. I'm not sure if it could have something to do with having the IUD out recently, possibility of pregnancy or just stress from my Mother-in-Law being here. (lol) My GYN is on vacation this week so I did not want to bother him for something so trivial and figured I would ask here.

Thank you. :)

A little about me: I do have a history of emdometriosis for which I had surgery to remove a couple years ago. I am currently slightly overweight (but I have lost 80lbs the last 2 years) and I take a prenatal vitamin daily. I am 24, married and have no children or previous pregnancies.

Oh, one more thing; I don't know if it matters or not but there doesn't seem to be a difference in correlation to the amount of sex I have and the bleeding. I was married the day before my IUD was taken out. I was only here for about a week then was out of state for the fire academy and had to finish up finals. So for a few days there was a lot of sex then it started. Then for < 3 weeks I was abstinent and it happened during that time too. Now I'm back and it started 6 days of being with my husband... constantly. Pardon my bluntness. I just didn't know if the sex part mattered as a possible contribution to my issue.

Check out some similar questions!

Mestrual type bleeding during active pill cycle shortly after IUD removal? [ 0 Answers ]

Hello, I had a Mirena IUD for just over a year that was removed on November 23rd this year. I started taking Loestren 24 the following week. I did not have signs of menstruation at all while the IUD was in place. A few days after starting the birth control pill I started, what seemed to be my...

Menstrual Cycle [ 1 Answers ]

Can taking a prenatal vitamin when you're not pregnant affect your period?

Menstrual cycle [ 7 Answers ]

I haven't had a normal period in a year and a half what can I do to get it back?

Menstrual cycle [ 2 Answers ]

I am a 31 year old female and I have had my tubes tied 6 years ago. This is the first time it has happened but I am currently on my period and I am experiencing heavy blleding and huge blood clots. I have gone through 3 super tampons in just about 2 hours today which is very abnormal for me and I...

Menstrual cycle [ 1 Answers ]

I had a caesarean section on may 9th, I saw my period on the 12 of June then again about the second week in July, I have not seen my period for August. I took pregnancy tests and all came back negative, what could be wrong

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.