Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    urhandyman Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2010, 06:45 PM
    2003 F-250, 6.0 Liter Diesel won't start when warmed up and has power loss when warm
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Dec 23, 2010, 07:07 PM

On diesel engines that will not restart, after they are warmed up, it's often a sign of a tired fuel pump. As they heat soak, inside pump head clearances increase and it will no longer develop sufficient fuel pressure at cranking speed. While it's running, fuel helps cool the pump by carrying the heat away. Replace the fuel pump, change both fuel filters, and the problem will likely go away.
    urhandyman Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2010, 07:30 PM
    Comment on TxGreaseMonkey's post
    I replaced the fuel pump 8 months ago. I have noticed an oil leak under the truck recently. Haven't pin pointed it yet. Does the 6.0 have a high pressure oil pump for the injectors, like the 7.3.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Dec 23, 2010, 07:34 PM

Yes, read Item 6 below:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...ml#post1415281

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2003 Ford 7.3 Power Stroke Turbo- Diesel [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 2003 7.3 power stroke turbo-diesel runs great however after driving the vehicle 5 to 15 minutes starts to bogg down looses all power as if, starving for fuel If let sit for 20 minutes will start up and run for another 15 minutes and stop again.Changed the fuel pump and have a full tank of...

7.3 f 250 diesel won't start when cold [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 97 f250 diesel. The truck won't start in cold weather unless it is plugged in. I replaced the glow plugs and it still won't start in cold weather unless it is plugged in. any advice on what the problem could be?

Ford diesel 2003 problems 6 liter [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking to buy a 2004 V10 f350 or 2003 6.0L diesel f350 but have heard nothing but bad things about both engines V10 gas hog with no power and the 2003 - 2005 6.0L problems widely known. Considering nothing else is available in my price range, which is worse/better?

Does 2003 f-250 diesel have glow plug light [ 1 Answers ]

When starting is there a wait to start light in instrument cluster I see nothing about glow plugs or wait to start light

2003 Diesel F-250 Truck [ 1 Answers ]

My truck gets stuck in park and won't get out of it.. I just have to keep messing around with it to make it shirt... FINALLY... What is wrong with this?

View more questions Search