Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jagosmummy Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Jan 10, 2007, 01:05 PM
    My 2 and a half yr old son won't be potty trained!!
    My son is 3 in may and he will not use the potty or the toilet! He is a very clever little boy I know that he knows what to do but getting him to do it is impossible...
    In the past week he has sat on the toilet and done a wee a couple of times, and then from there I have carried on letting him wear nothing on his bottom half... chasing him with the potty just in case!! And then he just wets himself! He tells me when he's pooed in his nappy but doesn't say he needs one, so it's too late to put him on the toilet!
    He's not afraid of the toilet but is happier to use that rather than the potty...
    Any advise is welcome...
    It's just I would like to get him into play school but they don't like them in nappies!!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 10, 2007, 04:18 PM
    Something about chasing a naked child around with a potty, seems like a Saturday Night Live skit.

But often children will just decide its time and often the harder we fight with them, the more or harder they make it.

I am sure there are tons of advice, but we had a lot of luck by just putting them on the toilet at certain times of day for a routine, refer to it as big boy or and make it a game to use it or even a prize when he does
    monkeymagik Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2007, 04:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jagosmummy
    My son is 3 in may and he will not use the potty or the toilet! He is a very clever little boy i know that he knows what to do but getting him to do it is impossible...
    In the past week he has sat on the toilet and done a wee a couple of times, and then from there i have carried on letting him wear nothing on his bottom half.... chasing him with the potty just in case!!! and then he just wets himself! He tells me when he's pooed in his nappy but doesn't say he needs one, so it's too late to put him on the toilet!
    He's not afraid of the toilet but is happier to use that rather than the potty...
    Any advise is welcome...
    It's just i would like to get him into play school but they don't like them in nappies!!!
    I still think it's a little early to worry. Forget the potty all together, you don't need or want a middle man, encourage to wee on the grass (at first) The pooh thing takes a little longer, they acknowledgement that he has done a pooh is a good start, be patient, encourage him, don't punish him and do not let the school pressure either of you, these things all fall into place over the next few weeks even months. Some days it's like one step forward then two steps back. Persevere. :)
    ruandjess09 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2010, 05:01 PM

I have the same problem. Mine will pee in the toilet though. And he poops in his diaper then he'll say mom I pooped in my diaper and hell give me his hand because he knows its bad and he's suppose to go in the toilet. So he understands 100% he just I don't know I think in my case he just wants the attention because he has a new baby sister and doesn't get as much attention as he wants but I'm not sure in your case but at least I know I'm not alone. =)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Dog, 1 yr old, not well house trained.. Need help! [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, My boyfriend inherited a chow mix dog from his brother because he and his wife had a daughter, and the dog, Gizmo is too hyper and jumpy to have around a baby. The problem is, she was never properly house trained, and now my boyfriend is suffering. She is usually good about letting him...

Potty trained puppy pooping in crate! [ 3 Answers ]

I have had a new 12 week old puppy for a week now... I know that training takes time, but he is pooping in the crate when I am at work is driving me nuts! He doesn't just go- he has to make a spectacle of it- smearing it and grinding it into everything he can reach... I have found it flung onto the...

It's been half a year... [ 14 Answers ]

Just wanted to announce to all of you that this coming Friday Pete and I will have been together 6months and it is also Petes birthday on that day. Lots of celebrating to do! I am happier than I have ever been ;)

My Half Dachshund Half Chihuahua has potty problem! [ 3 Answers ]

Hello my My Half Dachshund Half Chihuahua is a great dog but when it comes to the potty he is not good. He is let outside every hour but sometimes he pees in the house. I stay with him outside for 30 minutes and let him inside. I have no solution what should I do? :confused:

Is my dog house trained [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I am confused, I think my recently one year old pom is house trained. She barks and runs to her spot when she wan't to go out most of the time she goes after sniffing every inch of the ground or barking at people or leaves. Recently ( the past two months) she has been going in the house it is...

View more questions Search