Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hipcow Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2007, 04:41 PM
    Gas furnace pilot won't stay lit
    About 1 month ago pilo light wouldn't stay lit so I replaced the thermocouple.. The unit worked fine for about 2 weeks. After that when relighting it would go out after 1 day or so. Bought a new thermocouple and this one would only keep the pilot lit for 1 to 2 hours. Reinstalled the thermocouple I bought a month ago and it now acts exactly as it did before (goes out after a day or so). Is this numerous defective thermocouples or the valve? Also I turned up the pilot gas and cleaned the thermocouple/valve meeting point.
    sterling4 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2009, 06:15 PM
    Make sure all chimmey is clear from heater to chimmey. Check the pilot assemble if all is OK then you need to replace your gas valve.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My pilot light won't stay lit [ 6 Answers ]

Help,I have two problems.. My upstairs furnace pilot light will light,and after holding down the pilot button for about 3-4 minutes(it says one minute,but it won't stay lit after only one)it stays,but will go out again in a day or two... The furnace for the downstairs won't light at all.. I can't...

Coleman gas furnace won't stay on [ 3 Answers ]

Coleman gas furnace Model 7665-856, about 25 years old. Regulator and thermalcoupling and thermostat all replaced within last two or three years. Problem appears same as "THISAWAY" asked about 11/25/06. Furnace blows for about 45 seconds then shuts off. Burner appears to stay on when blower stops....

Pilot won't stay on [ 3 Answers ]

I have a snyder-general furnace and my pilot won't stay on after you turn it from pilot to on I tried evrything... is it the thermocouple or does this furnace have a sensor... and if so how do I change it out... furnace was manufacture in 91...

Furnace Pilot stays lit continuously [ 1 Answers ]

My furnace pilot stays lit continuously Even though it states inside of the furnace and I quote "Pilot will light automatically when there is a call for heat. NOTE during thermostat off cycle main burners and PILOT flame are both extinguisehd. I have gotten many rude response that say that's...

Furnace Blower won't stay on [ 1 Answers ]

I have a problem with my furnace blower not staying on. I can set my thermostat for say 74 degrees and the furnace will come on normally. I can hear and see the furnace on, but it takes roughly one minute (ive timed it) before the blower comes on. I know the minute delay is pretty normal;...

View more questions Search