Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cybersly Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2010, 01:21 PM
    2003 Infiniti G35 dash board light/radion light goes on/off sporadically
    Hi,

The dash board display light and radio display light goes on and off randomly when I am driving around. I checked the fuse box inside the car by the side of the break pedal but all the fuses are okay. Could anyone help?

Thank you.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Dec 14, 2010, 05:24 PM

How's your charging system?
    When you say "lights" exactly what lights do you mean?
    Are there any other features not functioning correctly?
    Cybersly Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2010, 10:38 AM

The charging system is fine. The lights refer to the display lights for the RPM, MPH etc on the car interior and also the temp diplay and radio station display. Basically all the interior display lights when the car is on.
    The car has auto sensor that turns on the headlights when it's dark outside. After driving it yesterday, I noticed that these interior display lights go off when the exterior lights (headlights, parking lights, etc) get switch on. Everything functions fine, it's just dark inside when the headlights are on outside. Thank you.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Dec 16, 2010, 04:49 AM

I do believe that if you've got the dimming set correctly there is likely a problem with the Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC) because that is what controls the display lighting, even for the radio control head. That's often caused a buzzing in the IPC because there isn't the normal path to ground for some signals.
    Have you checked for trouble codes for that system? There may or may not be any but it's good to check.
    Jdmg35 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2012, 02:32 AM
    I'm having the same problem with my 03 g35 did u finally fix it?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Battery dash light barely illuminated - 2003 chevy [ 3 Answers ]

The battery indicator on the dash mounted display is barely lit, indicating a ground?? There are also times when the charging system does not appear to be operating, voltage system decays while engine is operating. Voltage will not increase above 14 volts and slowly decays over time (45 minutes...

The Ok light is flashing, the Flame light is off in the furnace circuit board [ 0 Answers ]

I have a Ruud Silhouette II Gas Furnace. The whole unit is turned off/on by a light like switch. The AC is working, but the heater is not. It appears that no gas is flowing to the burner. The PWR light is on, steady. The OK light is flashing; three times on, then off. The Flame light is off in...

How to change the dash light in A 2003 Hurricane M/H Ford f53 chassis [ 0 Answers ]

How do I change the bulb behind the black panel for the headlight switch or how is that panel removed?

Battery Light on the Dash Comes on Sometimes [ 3 Answers ]

My wife has a 2002 Honda Civic EX. She told me that the battery light on the dashboard has been coming on for the past few days. She said it doesn't stay lit, but when it occasionally does come on, it stays on for about 30-60 seconds and then goes out. I took the car to AutoZone and they ran a...

Red light wrench shape on dash board of car [ 2 Answers ]

Can some one tell me what the red wrench shape light on the dash board of my car means. Or can you tell me how to reset it.

View more questions Search