Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nairshar Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Dec 13, 2010, 04:17 PM
    Should I be concerned ?
    I was unintentionally browsing through my bf's fone and came across a message that he has sent his co-worker saying "Hi" . The next I see is that he has deleted the rest of their conversations [ may be 3-4 sms-es] . I asked him why did he do that to which he replied that it was just a hi-hello , how you doing sms.. On asking again , he told me that he sent her an sms asking the female to meet down their working place for a smoke and that he deleted those sms-es cause he was scared that I would be upset about that . [ well , my boyfriend smokes like 7-8 cigarretes a day , so I asked him to shut it down ] . Should I believe this story ? How should I know the truth , is there something fishy ?

GOD , this is bothering me . I hate this .

By the way , I got to know that he has deleted the rest of the sms-es cause I happened to see the delivery report that had delivered 4 more messages to her , I confronted him .
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 13, 2010, 04:23 PM

I love this part;

I was unintentionally browsing through my bf's fone
    Call it what it is. It's snooping.

Should you believe him? That depends. Do you trust him? I'd guess you don't, otherwise you'd have no reason to snoop.

Without trust you have nothing. So the real question should be, should you two stay together seeing as you don't trust him?

Dec 13, 2010, 04:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    I love this part;

Call it what it is. It's snooping.

Should you believe him? That depends. Do you trust him? I'd guess you don't, otherwise you'd have no reason to snoop.

Without trust you have nothing. So the real question should be, should you two stay together seeing as you don't trust him?
    I totally trust him , but I don't want to be an emotional fool who he gets his however way . I don't want him to lie to me, I am just worried if I should be concerned or should I just ignore the whole thing .

I was just playing around with his cellfone while I saw those messages , I wasn't snooping
    Pets Expert

Dec 13, 2010, 04:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nairshar View Post
    I totally trust him , but i dont wanna be an emotional fool who he gets his however way . I dont want him to lie to me, i am just worried if i should be concerned or should i just ignore the whole thing .

I was just playing around with his cellfone while i saw those messages , i wasnt snooping
    Nairshar. You were snooping. If you weren't snooping you wouldn't have read the messages. You would have put the phone down as soon as they "popped" up. It is what it is, and it's snooping.

If you trust him than why are you questioning his motives for the texts? You asked him what the texts were about, he answered you. If you trust him than why aren't you believing what he told you?

It's up to you how you handle this. You can continue the games, snooping, trying to catch him in a lie, or you can trust him. If you feel the need to continue accidentally snooping, than you really should reconsider this relationship and if he's the one for you.

The answer is in you. Are you being honest when you say you trust him? If so, than yes, you should ignore the whole thing.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 13, 2010, 05:59 PM

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...om-534165.html

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...ou-534184.html

Your problems with this fellow are starting to add up. What's really going on with this relationship, or are you that new to each other?

I know you have been together a year and a half, but how long have you been living together? This sounds like you are both new to this and have a lot of real honest talking to do as I think the honeymoon has been over, and now you are seeing things you don't like, or don't understand.

Not only are communications important but trust, and being able to set boundaries of good behavior for you both. That takes time and work.

Dec 13, 2010, 06:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...om-534165.html

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...ou-534184.html

Your problems with this fellow are starting to add up. Whats really going on with this relationship, or are you that new to each other?

I know you have been together a year and a half, but how long have you been living together? This sounds like you are both new to this and have a lot of real honest talking to do as I think the honeymoon has been over, and now you are seeing things you don't like, or don't understand.

Not only are communications important but trust, and being able to set boundaries of good behavior for you both. That takes time and work.
    Its just been a month that we have moved in to our new appt and I am slowly realising that I am more committed and more responsible than him . He wants to do all according to his comfort & when I raise a concern I am a **** bag talking crap , we did fight a lot even when hadn't moved in then , but then those def wernt for the ones I stated . When one is in a relationship , shouldn't both be responsible for each others feelings and comfort level ? Why is he being selfish and want to do all acc to his comfort & not bother about my feelings .
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 13, 2010, 06:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nairshar View Post
    we did fight a lot even when hadn't moved in
    So why did you move in together?
    Why is he being selfish and want to do all acc to his comfort & not bother about my feelings .
    Why? Because he can.

Dec 13, 2010, 06:23 PM

We are getting married sometime May 2011 , so figured out that we could take an appt and settle down .

How do I stop him from behaving that way. I am doing so many things for him & by his behaviour I just feel like quitting and just do my stuff , but being the person that I am . I can never do that & stop caring about him & flirt and meet other men .
    Pets Expert

Dec 13, 2010, 06:33 PM

There's a saying, and it's so true.

Women marry men hoping to change them, men marry women hoping that they'll never change.

You can't change him. You can talk to him, tell him the things that are bothering you, but you can't change him. If that's what you're hoping for, than realize that it's a dead end street and get off now.

You either accept him for who he is, or you find someone that's more to your liking.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I be concerned? [ 4 Answers ]

I just noticed that I had a pimple on the lip of my vagina, its been hurting more and more, Is there anything I can do to help it go away? I am nervous about seeing a doctor, and I don't really want to go there. Please help!

Should I be concerned? [ 3 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I have been sleeping together for a while now. Everything between us is good. The other night I stayed over at her place and early in the morning we had started to have sex. Yes, we still used a condom. Sadly to say the sex didn't last to long because of us goofing around before...

Should I be concerned? [ 5 Answers ]

I have been dating my boyfriend for 3 years. About 1 yr and a half ago he cheated on me with some random girl while he was drunk (which is not an excuse I know) but I chose to forgive him and try to fix our relationship. So far everything has been going pretty smoothly, he hasn't cheated on me...

Should I be concerned? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello all! I'm a bit concerned and curious. I am 40 yrs old and have always had a relatively normal, regular 21 day cycle with periods lasting about 4-5 days. The last couple of months they have come early/late and lasted longer than normal. This month it was a couple days longer, then I...

Should I be concerned [ 1 Answers ]

I'm having a very light period w/ brown blood and spotting w/ mild cramps. I'm also bloated, exhausted and haven't been able to sleep well. The spotting started 3 days ago and this moring I was nauseous and constipated. Should I be concerned?:confused:

View more questions Search