Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sarahx124 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2010, 11:48 AM
    Rejecting belly piercing?
    Had my navel pierced again in July this year... but it now looks like its rejected so much of the bar can be seen although the skin that is covering the piercing isn't too shallow funnily enough and it keeps scabbing over but when the scab falls off there is hardly no skin there about the majority of the belly bar can be seen? I know they have a reputation for rejecting... it is a little bit red but not sore at all I'm very confused I cleaned it with salt just normal salt to begin with then I went to a piercer in October not the original piercer) and she said that I wasn't meant to I was meant to use sea salt so could this have been why my piercing has can wrong? She suggested saline solution which actually helped a lot I just think its too late for the piercing and don't want to risk anymore scar tissue I guess I don't want to get rid of the piercing as I liked it I was just an idiot for using normal salt. How long until I can get it pierced again? As its what I want should I just give the piercing up and get it done again? Suggestions would be good. Thank you
    Hrilmitzh Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2010, 05:52 PM
    Talk to the piercer, she can probably tell you better than anyone if its salvageable. If you just want to pierce it again, take it out and let it heal, in a month or whenever it looks nice and closed up, go talk to that lovely piercer that turned you on to saline solution. My bfs sis had her belly button reject it 3 times before it took, she, luckily, has no scars to show for that. I find scars from piercing are usually very very small, so don't be put down by it :D
    whocares12345 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2011, 06:11 AM
    I would wait to repierce. Piercing scar tissue is highly painful.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Belly button piercing healing and re-piercing [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I had my belly button pierced 10 years ago (I was 13) and it has gradually shrunk over the years from a 14 to a 6. I can also feel that the skin is thinner as I can feel the bar. I want to take it out and let it heal and have it re-pierced. However I have grown very attached to it and want to...

Belly piercing [ 3 Answers ]

How do you pierce your own belly button I mean like what are the steps to do it

Belly piercing? [ 3 Answers ]

I've tried to pierce my navel before like 3 months ago... but it didn't really work! I have a ring and everything but I don't know what to do really... I know how to sterilize and everything... but I don't no what needle to use? I don't know where to get the needle? Helpp!!

BELLY BUTTON piercing! Rejecting! WHAT to do? [ 1 Answers ]

Hey there! Here is my story! Well I got my belly button pierced for the first time... it rejected after about 9 months. It seemed totally healed, than out of nowhere started to swell, get red, and rejected and puched all the way through my skin. I had it pierced wth just a silver barbell. ...

View more questions Search