Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pooh16 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2007, 11:17 AM
    What Does It Mean??
    Ok... here goes...
    I've always been one to answer all of my friend's questions, but when it comes to me... I'm LOST!! I have been dating a gentleman for approximately 4 months now. We are both recently divorced (he 1 year, me 2 years). Neither of us have children.
    We met through friends and hit it off. He is absolutely EVERYTHING I've been looking for in a man! My previous relationship was 7 years long and I'm just now starting the dating thing... HELP! I know he likes me and wants to tell me things, but is scared. I catch him staring at me and smiling, he holds my hand and kisses it while gazing into my eyes, he even asks me if it seems we've been seeing each other longer than we really have. I think he wants to tell me he loves me, but HOW DO I KNOW?? What body language or looks would I get if he truly loves me?
    THANK YOU!!
    ~Pooh
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 9, 2007, 11:34 AM
    How about going slow and paying attention since this is your first date after your divorce. And if he is kissing your hand he ain't shy so go slow and be observant. He may be nice but get to know him a whole lot better before you give him your whole heart. That's what dating is about, getting to know someone, not falling in love after a few dates. The love will come later. Now is the time for fun and don't get carried away with fantasy and imagination. That's what young school girls do.
    Slogmeister Posts: 21, Reputation: 0

Jan 9, 2007, 01:19 PM
    Play a game like Scruples. Do it with a group of friends - not just the two of you. Sit back, relax and enjoy the game, and TALK and LISTEN. Not only will you have a blast, but you'll both learn something about each other and it'll give you lots to talk about. Just because you think he's the man for you doesn't mean he thinks you're the woman for him.

Just an idea.
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Jan 9, 2007, 03:36 PM
    Tals advice is spot on.

Just go slow. This is your first guy after a long relationship and there is no need to rush things. Taking it slow and giving each other a chance to get to know the real person is the best way to develop that love you want.

Why not just enjoy his company and continue the way things are going? Why do you need to hear him tell you he loves you?

He hasn't had time to know if he loves you yet and either have you!

Just continue to have fun and enjoy your time together and go forward slowly. The last thing you want is to completely give yourself to this guy only to be hurt again!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search