Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bethgold Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Jan 8, 2007, 06:56 PM
    Am I Pregnant?
    I began my last period on December 25th. Since then I have had unprotected sex several times. I have a 26 day cycle. I have obviously not missed a period yet by My symptoms are:

1st dizziness
    2nd cramping
    3rd slightly sensitive nipples
    4th headache
    Tonight- gag reflex (certain food smells):confused:

Took a test yesterday (January 6) it was negative
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Jan 9, 2007, 07:11 AM
    If you have a 26 day cycle, your next period should start on the 19th, right? Taking a pregnancy test on the 6th was way too early. The earliest test you can take is 5 days before your next expected period. (in ex. The 15th would be a good time to take an early response test. ) Although you can take this one early, the most accurate way to test is to wait until you miss your period. If your period comes and goes on the 19th, take a test on the morning of the 20th.As far as your symptoms, these could all be pregnancy symptoms, but they could also be oncoming menstrual cycle symptoms. Just wait a little bit longer is my advice. Try not to stress over it, as that can also make you miss your period.

Jan 9, 2007, 05:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by buggage
    if you have a 26 day cycle, your next period should start on the 19th, right? Taking a pregnancy test on the 6th was way too early. The earliest test you can take is 5 days before your next expected period. (in ex. the 15th would be a good time to take an early response test. ) Altho you can take this one early, the most accurate way to test is to wait until you miss your period. if your period comes and goes on the 19th, take a test on the morning of the 20th.As far as your symptoms, these could all be pregnancy symptoms, but they could also be oncoming menstrual cycle symptoms. just wait a little bit longer is my advice. Try not to stress over it, as that can also make you miss your period.

Thanks so much for replying! I feel like I am going crazy. I know that the 6th was too early. That was a bit ridiculous. I was just confused because of the early onset of all of these things. Today I have been dizzy, and urinating a lot. I will be patient though. Thanks again!

Jan 9, 2007, 06:08 PM
    New symptoms: I feel like I am coming down with something (flu-like symptoms)
    Still dizzy
    Frequent urination today (rare for me)
    Tonight I was ravenous! I felt like I could eat everything in the kitchen.
    Still crampy (slight)

Will wait until the weekend to test again. Anyone have symptoms they can share?
    Ultra Member

Jan 9, 2007, 06:57 PM
    I would wait until Monday the 15th to take an early response test. I know you are anxious, but if you take these tests too early,they just end up being a waste of money with no answers attached. And it is also fairly uncommon to even have symptoms before around the time of your period. BUT not impossible. There are some women who swear they know they are pregnant from the moment of conception. Who knows. The symptoms you are expereincing could just be pms, or it could be pregnancy. So just be patient for just a little while longer. Having waited for a year to conceive again, I know how hard it is to wait to take that test, but you just got to rough it out a little longer. Hang in there. Good luck, and keep us posted. ;0)

Jan 9, 2007, 07:08 PM
    Thanks so much for your advice. It is my first time trying, so I guess I am a bit unrealistic! I just read another post from you. You are having a boy? I didn't look at the date of the post soI don't know how old it is. :)
    Ultra Member

Jan 9, 2007, 07:17 PM
    No problem. I love to give advice if I can. I know how lost I have felt in my own trying to conceive. Hehe yes, I am pregnant with my second boy. My first is 2 years old. I am about... almost 6 months preggy now. Don't worry, its not unrealistic, its just hopeful thinking. I just don't want you to end up spending tons of money on tests, with the possibility of being disappointed, and possibly being disappointed simply because you didn't wait long enough to get the possitive, or because it just didn't happen this month. I spent so much money of pregnancy tests the first 8 months that we were trying to get pregnant, its not even funny. So I understand. I just hope to keep you from the same thing haha.

Jan 9, 2007, 07:48 PM
    Thanks again and congratulations!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I pregnant? [ 3 Answers ]

I got my period last month on the 28 but it was very unregularly. I was spotting and I will only bleed the first two days if I sat on the toilet if not I will just be spottin or nothing at all it left early. I haven't had no symptoms only very tierd and moody which it never happen before. On the 3...

Might be pregnant? [ 2 Answers ]

For starters I have a 5 yr old daughter! In August I had a miscarriage every test said I wasn't pregnant. Well September 28 I spotted for 3 days very light. Well I started having every pregnancy symptom there is but a hpt said negative. I was having some lower back pains and some slight cramps so I...

Could I be pregnant? [ 2 Answers ]

Ok... my husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for about 6 months now. My period was supposed to come Nov. 11-14 I am very regular so I am always on time. Around the time that my period was supposed to come I had:confused some cramping and bloating but no period. It is now Nov. 17 and I...

Trying to get pregnant [ 1 Answers ]

Hi my name is peaches and I'am 25 yrs of age and my question is I have been trying to get pregnant and I got an o kit and I did the bd on the days that said I was the most fertile and the day I was to o and the days after I had some bleeding but it was bright pink and it lasted for only two days...

Am I pregnant? [ 8 Answers ]

My last mestrual period started on August 7th, today on the 29th I saw a tint of pink and then a tint of brown when I wiped. I had unprotected sex on the 18th and the 20th. I have had a lot of headaches, and some very faint cramps. I also missed pills in my birth control. Could I be pregnant?

View more questions Search