Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nicole Bridges Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2007, 03:45 PM
    Property Liens
    Hello,

My name is Nicole Bridges. I am currently behind 5 months in my Condo Assessment fees. Can the Condo Association put a lien against my property for being behind in my assessment fees? Please advise.

Thanks,

Nicole Bridges
    KMSRyana Posts: 142, Reputation: 26

Jan 8, 2007, 03:54 PM
    Depends on your State's laws, but generally yes, but not without them taking you to court for the delinquent fees first. There will be a section in your Condo Association by-laws dedicated to exactly what happens if you default on their fees. The biggest problem you will have if it goes to court will be finding an attorney who will represent you. Since most of the attorneys who practice in this area represent the associations.

Best of luck.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 8, 2007, 08:31 PM
    Generally yes they can.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Liens [ 1 Answers ]

From an Ontario Canada perspective, can a collection agency put a lien on a house when trying to collect on a student loan that is over 10 years old?

Tax certificate liens [ 1 Answers ]

I'm just starting looking at different investments. Is anyone currently investing in tax certificate liens? What are the pros and cons?

Property taxes/lien on property [ 2 Answers ]

We have been taking care of the rental properties across the street from us for many years as the landlord lives in Arkansas. We have never been paid for these services. We repair and maintain these properties, and the last tenants we even collected the rent and deposited into the landlord’s...

Mechanic Liens and Chapter 11 Bankruptcy [ 4 Answers ]

Does anyone know if a mechanics lien is discharged in Chapter 11 Bankruptcy or does it make the lien holder a securred creditor? We are in NJ but I don't know if location has anything to do with it when a national retailer is involved. Difficult question but I need to know a proper answer not a...

View more questions Search