Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cre8pce Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2010, 02:30 PM
    Shower stops running
    Our shower just shuts off by itself after 1 minute. When using the shower, the water runs for about 60 seconds and then just stops. The water is still on and will run in the bath if we turn the knob, but when we turn it back to the shower it's still stopped. When left alone for a while and the water is turned on again, it runs through the shower ahead, but again, lasts only about 60 seconds and shuts off. We tried draining all the water thinking the air vent had filled with water. This helped a little for the first time and then the problem started up again. Any ideas?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Dec 5, 2010, 03:37 PM

Have you tried removing the shower head to see if the result is different? Sometimes water restrictors break and can caus that problem. Then after the pressure gets relived there is a path for the water to pass through.

Start there if you haven't and see what happens.
    cre8pce Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2010, 04:00 PM
    We tried that and without the shower head we had the same problem, there is a lot of calcium build up in this area, but we are not having problems with any other faucets. Thanks, any other suggestions?
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Dec 5, 2010, 05:49 PM

Please tell us the brand and the model number of your faucet, it sounds like you have calcium build up inside the faucet and it needs to be cleared it you respond to my question and we will tell you how to clean it, Thanks.

John

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water stops running [ 2 Answers ]

I have a well and septic. Recently, the hot water has stopped running shortly after turning on and then after a bit (less than a minute) it comes on with full pressure. The kitchen has never had the water pressure that the rest of the house has, what could cause this? I also get a gurgling...

Goodman furnace problems when running the ac it starts stops starts stops [ 1 Answers ]

I have a goodman furnace 98% efficient it works fine on heat but when I run the ac unit it will run fine for an hour or three but then it will start stoping and starting the blower motor I have changed the transformer the blower motor the door switch anyone have any idea why it does this any help...

Lawnmower stops running [ 2 Answers ]

I have a "Weed Eater" 22' lawnmower. I have changed the spark plug, added new oil and put in new gas. When I crank it, it runs for about 1 minute and then quits. Any ideas?

Well Pump stops running [ 6 Answers ]

1) I have a 220V 3 wire submersible pump in my well (30 feet deep) 2) The pressure switch close at 30psi as it is supposed to and the pump begins to run. 3) The pressue rises to about 40psi and the pumps quits for a few seconds and then starts again. 3) The pressure switch remains closed when...

Well water system: shower stops whole house water stops and starts [ 2 Answers ]

I have a plumbing/well water question. Recently our water flow has been stopping (during a shower or in the sink). The entire house water supply stops. Sometimes there is a noise - like air - as if we've been away for a month. Sometimes there is no noise at all, the flow goes down to a trickle...

View more questions Search