Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jonnah Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2007, 09:45 PM
    Tenant or Trespasser/Guest?
    I live in the state of Washington. Does my ex-girlfriend who lives with me and refuses to leave, regarded legally as a tenant (has never paid rent nor any monies towards home maintainance) or a trespasser/guest? Need to know how to proceed with having her legally removed. All input is gratefully welcomed.

Thanks
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 8, 2007, 06:44 AM
    She is a tresspasser, but the problem is that normally in relationshiops where the party was living with you, the police call it a civil issue and won't make her move.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 8, 2007, 07:18 AM
    I agree she is a trespasser. I would give her a warning and a little time. If she doesn't move, pack up her things, put them in a storage container (pay the first month and change the locks.
    Cvillecpm Posts: 553, Reputation: 28

Jan 8, 2007, 08:02 AM
    Call the police. She is a tresspasser

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My house guest won't leave [ 3 Answers ]

I invited my friend of 10 + years and her daughter to move in with me while she find a job and a house (she was evicted from her apartment). A year + later, she still at my house without no job. I asked her to leave 7 months ago, and she still has not moved out. I just sent her a certified letter...

Guest asks to bring another [ 3 Answers ]

I need some advice on to how to handle this situation. My daughter has invited my good friend, husband and young adult children to her wedding. Today my friend called to ask if her daughter could bring her boyfriend as they plan to have his parents babysit their 10 year old and he would drive...

Guest Won't Leave [ 3 Answers ]

A guest, invited to stay in our home for a week, has returned repeatedly after being asked to leave over and over, and sneakily has claimed residency by having mail sent here. Now he has become a nuisance, a threat, an unwanted "squatter" with several nasty habits: In several ways, he can be...

Homeless invited guest becomes criminal [ 4 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, Dazed and confused here in Madisonville, Tennessee by a friend's trouble. She was invited to come stay in a woman's home after she told members of the church she walked into off the street, that she was homeless. (this is/was true) No shelters exist here. No time limit was...

View more questions Search