Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nancyka Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2007, 09:41 PM
    1991 Honda won't start
    I bought this car new in '91 so I know it well. For several months I have had problems starting the car. I replaced the battery in July, 06; didn't help! Replaced alternator in Oct, 06; again didn't help. Now I'm told that the factory installed alarm is the problem. I don't have a factory installed alarm, never did. Could there actually be an alarm that I never Knew about that could cause this problem. I'm skeptical but that's what the mechanic says.
    I'm thinking about installing new battery cables, it seems to me the connection is the problem because occasionally the car can be started. Also the Sport light is on and I can't seem to get the car out of the Sport setting. Seatbelt light blinks and beeps when all seatbelts are engaged. Help?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jan 7, 2007, 11:33 PM
    Read Sections A and B in the link below and see if it helps:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...ics-46563.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1991 Honda civic won't start [ 1 Answers ]

Not getting spark so I checked the distributor. The blk/yel and wht/blu for battery voltage. Both had voltage. Checked the Blu and what body ground for continunity. Neither had continuity. Any idea why neither blu going to the ECU or what going to the TAc wouldn't have continunity>

1991 Civic won't start [ 6 Answers ]

I drove my Civic last night delivering pizzas in a massive rain storm. It ran fine and it started fine after work when I went to the store. But, this morning it wouldn't start and it won't even try to turn over. And I'm pretty darn sure it is not an electrical problem... all the lights and what not...

My 1991 civic doesn't want to start [ 15 Answers ]

Hi I have a 1991 honda civic dx that won't start I just changed the whole starter including the offset gear that is attached and changed the 50a fuse that is under the hood no response everything comes on in the car but starter doesn't respond at all I can push start the car but in dire need...

1991 Honda No Start [ 2 Answers ]

I am working on a 1991 Honda Civic with a 1.6L. It does not start. The distibutor went out. I then replaced it. The car ran for three weeks. Then it died. Now there is no spark again. When I openned the distributor cap it looked like there was a lot of back feeding or something. The new cap...

View more questions Search