Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BlueJeansGrl01 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2010, 05:06 PM
    Ex Boyfriend Troubles
    So my ex boyfriend broke up with me almost 2 weeks before our 1 year (he was my first almost 1 year).. To be honest it hurt like hell.. I did the normal girl stuff and texted him randomly almost everyday for two months then he had enough and told me to lay off and stay out of his business (he called me a stalker) I have not contacted him for 2-3 months.. feels amazing!
    Come to find out he is with a new girl.. If I would have known he found someone else I would have never contacted him from the start.
    I talked to all his friends and they all say that I was an amazing girlfriend to him and they agreed with me that he let go of something good. I made his bed, folded his clothes, and loved seeing/being with him and his family loved me.. His mom still wants me to keep in touch and hope one day that he misses me.
    Yet he is with someone new and is LOVING life from what I hear.
    I did not attend college yet graduated high school. He was very big into me getting a college degree but I have my own personal reasons I will not attend.. I only have a part time job and I think that effected us also.. I am trying to find a full time job but with the economy the way it is right now.. I am having no luck.. But I am trying and he knew that.
    Right after we broke up I managed to move out on my own and I am now paying a mortgage on a house by myself (I am 22 years old) I own my own truck, and have a close family that agrees that he let go of something good.
    The only thing I can think of on the reason that we broke up was because of my part time job and that I was not planning on attending college any time soon.
    He did mention that the excitement came and went.. yet his friends must have been blind slided because they also thought there was excitement with the two of us.
    I guess I think differently when it comes to school... I am in no debt and I am happy... yes because I don't go to school has been hard finding a job but there are many people that I know that haven't gone to college and are happy with a good job.
    OH~ his current girlfriend went/goes to college and works in the ER... so she is more successful then me.
    Andrew916 Posts: 182, Reputation: 33

Nov 30, 2010, 05:16 PM
    What exactly is the question here? The way I see it, he saw that you two were headed in two very different directions. Maybe he saw that it would create problems down the road.
    mystific Posts: 340, Reputation: 308

Nov 30, 2010, 06:27 PM

No matter what you do in life there'll always be someone whose more successful.

You've your head screwed on right, don't dwell on him any longer, as everyone's said.. his loss.

Consider yourself lucky, now you get to find someone even better and more worthy of your love and pampering.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Nov 30, 2010, 06:58 PM

Sometimes things work out, sometimes they don't. As was said, you may have been a great girlfriend but the relationship was no longer what he wanted. There are plenty of other great guys out there.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 30, 2010, 07:07 PM

His reasons for the break up don't matter, the only thing that counts is that you move on and be happy without him in your life.

Good luck with that job hunting.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Boyfriend troubles [ 3 Answers ]

I'm just need someone to help me understand some of my boy friends tendencies. My boy friend has intimacy issues. He doesn't like doing a lot of things, (using tongue when we kiss, oral on me, holding me right when we're having sex). He's also told me that he was sexually abused as a child, so...

Boyfriend Troubles? [ 3 Answers ]

So, I like this guy a lot, and well I have a boyfriend... and we argue a lot (me and my bf)... and my love for him has gone down a lot... bcz of the arguing... I honestly don't know what to do.. should I break up with him?? should I give him another chance?? He gets very jealous when I talk to...

Boyfriend troubles once again [ 2 Answers ]

I want to treat my boyfriend like a boyfriend and not like my guy friends what should I do I tease him a lot but he's getting tierd of it what should I do to treat him like a boyfriend

Boyfriend troubles [ 14 Answers ]

How do I deal with an exboyfriend who broke up with me and yet constantly calls, constantly tells me how I was a big deal in his life, and how he misses me, and always wanting to hang out. I mean I've told him that I still like him considering you told me the same thing but nothings been done about...

Boyfriend troubles [ 7 Answers ]

OK so me and my boyfriend have been dating for like 9 months and we had a really good relationship at first a lot of partying and stuff when he had his own place. Well he moved home and grew up really fast getting really responsible about school. I just turned 21 and have a lot of partying still...

View more questions Search