Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MsNewYork Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2010, 10:39 AM
    Tsunami Dream
    I've been having this recurring dream about a Tsunami since I was 13 - I am 21, most recently last night. I was reading that it could mean I feel overwhelmed or deeply sadden by something. Truth is, I am not. I am actually a pretty happy person and very satisfied where I am at in life.

It takes place in Manhattan - where I am from - I am standing in my living room and we have a view of the Hudson river (a tsunami in a river, unrealistic I know) anyway I am looking out the window and I see the wave coming. There are helicopters flying over head and there are ships in the water that are being rushed into our apt building by the Tsunami. Crashing into the building. There are people in the water and the helicopters are trying to save them. The water is now the same level as our window, the street has disappeared. I can hear the glass starting to crack from the water pressure. I don't know where my family is. My instinct tells me to run up to the roof. I run out the apartment and water has risen to our floor. I run to the staircase. Below, everything is filled with water below like that scene in the Titanic - it is terrifying. The whole building is eerie and quiet - as if I am the only person in the world.

I run upstairs skipping flights until I get to the roof... and that's it.

It always ends there. I am not sure if I get away or what happens. I don't recall feeling overwhelmed or deeply saddened about anything during the times I have these dreams yet I have it all the time, every year. And the dream is always exactly the same.

I am starting to think it is a premonition or something. Sound's crazy I know but what else can explain it?
    kid_vicious Posts: 21, Reputation: 4

Nov 30, 2010, 03:09 PM
    Wow I too had a tsunami dream recently! It also was unlikely - it was a sea tsunami.

I don't know what it means but it was cool. And scary. Tsunamies are immence aren't they ;) I actually had two reruns of it, interrupted by waking up, but with like different action, as if I was replaying a saved game twice. That was kind of cool too:)

But it never hit as with you, both times I woke up not long before though.

Whatever it means if it even does so it's obviously not prophetic, I mean, a tsunami on a river, or a sea? It could just be because of a strong impression in early life. The fact that it repeats all the time could it be cause you're very afraid of a tsunami ever since the first time? Maybe it's the thing you're most afraid of. Possibly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Never sleep late to dream, the dream. Always wake up early to live the dream. [ 0 Answers ]

I wanted to know who said or wrote the saying? Never sleep later to dream, the dream. Always wake up early to live the dream. Or, Idon't sleep late to dream, the dream. I wake up live the dream.

Has there ever been A 1000 feet Tsunami? [ 2 Answers ]

Some paintings show huge tsunamis. But so far, I've only heard of 7 foot ones or so in my life time. Do tsunamis ever get near 1000 feet?

Tsunami warning [ 5 Answers ]

Tsunami warning after earthquake in Indonesia By Sally Peck and agencies Last Updated: 12:59pm BST 12/09/2007 Indonesian authorities have issued a tsunami warning after a powerful earthquake hit the country near southern Sumatra. The powerful earthquake, which measured 8.0 according to...

Tsunami [ 2 Answers ]

Will there be any tsunamis at southeast asia?or maybe an earthquake?

Tsunami speed [ 0 Answers ]

I have read and heard that tsunamis are capble of moving across the ocean at up to 700 mph. Additionally, that the speeds correlate with the square root of the depth at which the earthquake occurred. This seems counterintuitive to me. Can anyone give me an explanation of why the relationships...

View more questions Search