Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    redman4063 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2010, 05:57 PM
    Iron head sportster oil smoke from rear cylinder on start up
    Harley Davidson 1979 iron head sportster blows oil smoke from rear cylinder only on start up.
    Clears after riding for 5 minutes. Checked oil pump and appears OK any clues?
    darthsinister Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2010, 03:08 PM
    Sounds like your valve seals are bad on the rear cylinder.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Harley 2006 883 sportster will not start [ 0 Answers ]

My 2006 Harley sportster will not start. The speedomoter light turns on and appears to run in reverse for a few seconds. No other lights turn on at all. The battery and fuse are OK. It appears that the battery arched some how because the negative post has some burning. Any suggestions?

Briggs and Stratton 16hp Vanguard Single Cylinder - Smoke Under Load [ 2 Answers ]

This engine appears to blow whitish/blueish smoke under load. Without load, it rarely smokes. It also appears to be consuming oil as I need to top off oil with 8-16 oz per mow (2-3 hours). Is this a head gasket issue, something more serious (like rings) or am I missing something? Issue 2; ...

My 96 sportster just clicks when I try to start it. Battery is good.. any suggestions? [ 2 Answers ]

My HD 96 Sportster won't start. The battery was checked, and is good, but all I get when I try to start it is a clicking sound. Any suggestions?

Oil in Cylinder head cover / around Spark Plugs. [ 10 Answers ]

Boy oh boy... I went to Firestones to check what was happening since I had their 20 dollars coupon... they startetd inspecting it and came out with a horroble looking problem... (they showed it to me of course... )... so the problem is that one of the caps on the Spark Plug was out of the head...

View more questions Search