Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dancingpanda Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2007, 04:32 AM
    Cartoon Pirate movie from the early to mid 1980's
    Hi there! I'm looking for a children's pirate cartoon from the early to mid 1980's. I'd say no later 1987, but I'm not positive. I think my dad recorded it off HBO or Showtime because there were no commercials.

The cartoon was about a boy,who was from the present, and he somehow gets transported to a different world or back in time. He ends up with some pirates, and then he gets away from them. As I recall he goes back to his current time tells his friends, and he and a friend or two go back to the pirate world to help who ever needed it.

The animation wasn't that great, but the story was great! My brother and I watched the movie all the time. I think we wore out the VHS.

There was also a short cartoon film before it, that was about a bubble, a farm girl, and aliens. The bubble was the aliens' and they were tying to get the bubble back.
    kellyberthelot Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2009, 03:36 PM

Are you thinking of The Pirates of Tortuga: Under the Black Flag (1987)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for a late 80's/early 90's cartoon children's movie... [ 11 Answers ]

I must have seen this movie a hundred times and I have no clue what it is. The characters were creatures of some sort - mice, hedgehogs, something. The little sister of one of the mice, we'll call them for clarity's sake, got really sick and all the mice took her to an old woman mouse in the woods...

Late 80's Early 90's Cartoon movie [ 5 Answers ]

There was a movie I always used to watch when I was a child. I am 18 now but I watched the movie when I was around... 2 to 4. The movie was about a boy.. I believe his name was Mimo not to be mistaken for Nemo. But a boy named Mimo and.. All I can remember was His bed growing legs and walking...

80s hbo pirate cartoon? [ 3 Answers ]

I don't know much but slight details my older brother reminded me about a sci fi cartoon with piratelike characters and the captain pirate had somekind of eypiece and some other guy had one eye(huge eye) and you that's all I remember its not stargazer. Thanks please help Ive searched all of Google.

Early 90's late 80's cartoon movie [ 6 Answers ]

Hello I was wondering if anyone knew of a movie I have been looking for. It is about a girl who finds a dragon in a mineshaft/railroad cave? And he gives her a pocket watch or something... and later on they have a gathering in the clearing of a forest with all of the other dragons......

Caribbean Pirate Movie without Cofresi? [ 6 Answers ]

I was recently seeing a preview of the movie Pirates of the Caribean and couldn't help but notice the glaring omission of the famous Puerto Rican Pirate Cofresi who was wreaking havoc wth shipping in that area. In fact, other nations protested to Spain asking the government to stop him. He was said...

View more questions Search