Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    worried18 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2010, 07:43 AM
    Why does my boyfriend have pubic hair on his arm?
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Nov 24, 2010, 09:05 AM

I don't know... most of us have arm hair on our arms.

How do you know its not arm hair?
    Enigma1999 Posts: 2,223, Reputation: 1077
    Welbeing Expert

Nov 24, 2010, 09:46 AM

Is it that his arm hair is real thick and coarse, and you are mistaking it for pubic hair?

Nov 24, 2010, 02:17 PM
    Its long curly dark hairs. He has regular arm hair, along with these random pubic like hairs. He usually pulls them out but these stray hairs just keep growing??
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 24, 2010, 02:28 PM

What's "regular arm hair"?

Nov 24, 2010, 02:30 PM
    Comment on Wondergirl's post
    Straight, a few cm's in length and together. Not scattered like the more concerning hairs
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 24, 2010, 02:35 PM

How many people's arms have you examined to have such a narrow definition of arm hair? Depending on genetic makeup, the hair on a person's arm or legs or even head can vary a lot from coarse and dark to fine and fair -- all on the same person's arms or legs or head.

Nov 24, 2010, 04:29 PM
    Comment on Wondergirl's post
    Ok then. The hair in question is wiry and scattered, usually stray single hairs, seen on the shoulders and upper arms mostly and is unlike the hair found on his lower arms which is close dark, straight and shorter.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 25, 2010, 07:23 AM

Well, my husband is a redhead and he has those coarse hairs intermingled with a less coarser hair on his arms. But then, I always figured he was part neanderthal.

Tick
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 25, 2010, 07:50 AM

Since pubic hair only grows in the pubic region, it would be impossible for him to have pubic hair on his arms.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 25, 2010, 08:05 AM

Let me put it this way. Hair is defined by WHERE it grows, not how it looks. So it is not pubic hair unless it is growing in the pubic area.

Also, you should go back to your biology textbook. A living organism generally starts with a single cell. The cells divide and multiply. As the cells develop the DNA code defines how they develop according to where in the organism they are. It is not uncommon for some cells to misread the genetic code and display characteristics that are not appropriate for the area of the organism. For example, some humans have been known to have a third nipple. So it is possible for some of the hair follicles on your boyfriend's arms to be a bit confused.
    Expert

Nov 25, 2010, 08:16 AM

To be technical, coarse hair anywhere on the body is a product of the "sex" (for lack of a better word) hormone androgen. If the person has an overabundance of this particular hormone, then it is certainly possible, other coarser hair similar to pubic hair could be apparent on other body parts such as arms and legs.

Facial hair, as in beards, is very similar to coarse pubic hair.

Tick
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 25, 2010, 08:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by worried18 View Post
    why does my boyfriend have pubic hair on his arm?
    Hello w:

I'm with you.. I wonder why I have pubic hairs growing out of my eyebrows these days.

excon
    Expert

Nov 25, 2010, 08:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello w:

I'm with you.. I wonder why I have pubic hairs growing out of my eyebrows these days.

excon

See my explanation above and wonder no more.

Tick
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 25, 2010, 08:50 AM

Comments on this post
    tickle finds this helpful : good explanation, does that mean that exxy's genetic code is confused too

Nyah Exxy is just normally confused :: ducking ::
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 25, 2010, 08:55 AM

does that mean that exxy's genetic code is confused too
    Hello again,

So, if my genetic code thinks my eyebrows are my pubes, then what does it think my nose is?

Excon
    Expert

Nov 25, 2010, 12:22 PM
    Hello again,

So, if my genetic code thinks my eyebrows are my pubes, then what does it think my nose is?

excon

I am not going to say it, I am not going to say it I am not going to say it... I can think it, but I will not say it.

I am so laughing... I haven't had a good chuckle all day long!

Tick
    apremru Posts: 22, Reputation: 2

Nov 27, 2010, 05:14 AM
    LORD, Leave it alone... It's call genetics... better pubic hairs then..
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Nov 29, 2010, 06:05 AM
    Hello again,

excon
    That's because those of us (guys) over 40 are such horndogs we have hair growing out of our nose... some of us ears... and the brows get fuller. We ain't getting older... we're only getting better. :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a bump where my pubic hair is, it isn't a pimple and itsnt an ingrown hair. [ 2 Answers ]

I have a bump where my pubic hair is--just one. I know it's not a pimple and I know it's not an ingrown hair. I also found one bump--looks just the same (very small by the way) on my right vagina lip, on the outside of it. I shave a lot and I know the difference between razor burn and ingrown...

Pubic hair [ 3 Answers ]

I trimmed my pubic hair last night and today it itches really bad... I didn't go to short because I didn't know how short was to short. I was wondering if I do go shorter will it itch more or should I let it grow out a bit to get the itching to stop, if so what can I do till then to make it...

Pubic hair [ 14 Answers ]

Im a virgin and not in a hurry to have sex. However, I've come to an age (18) where I'm worrying a little about what it would be like, since I feel ready to have sex but I am extremely self conscious. What I really worry about is pubic hair... now I know that it's all a preference whether it...

Pubic hair [ 2 Answers ]

I am 16 years old and were their was once black pubic hair it is now turning white from the ball sack upwards I do not understand this and it is highly annoying and it would be deeply embarrassing if I was to get with a girl well the pubic hair was once black then all of a sudden it started turning...

Pubic hair [ 3 Answers ]

I love my body but there's one thing I hate and it's pubic hair. I always seem to get these bumps/spots in the hairy region, sometimes they have erm... pus... in them though I usually pop them and clean them thoroughly with soap. The ridiculously curly hair doesn't make me feel any better. ...

View more questions Search