Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Taukame Posts: 92, Reputation: 26

Jan 6, 2007, 09:46 PM
    Procrastination
    I just realized that I have been procratinating a lot lately. Not only with the chores that I don't like to do but with just about everything. I have always been a very energetic person, not needing much sleep and constantly staying busy trying new things and going places.
    This seem to have started when I started working an overnight shift with children. For the first year everything was fine. I could work, go to school, take care of my household responsibilities and find time to do some fun stuff.

After the first year, the woman that I work with kind of started to slack off. She's and older woman who has been with the company for over thirty years. She's not very good with the documentation so it has sort of feel to me to do most of it. Also, the children don't really listen to her the way that they listen to me, so I wind up dealing with the kids' behavioral issues most of the time as well.

This past week I have been off work due to an ear infection, and I guess because I had time to think I realized that most of the things I do and have been doing for the past ten years have been for somebody else. I guess I have just started to resent the responsibility.

Whenever we think of procrastinators we tend to think of lazy people, is it possible that they are just resentful people?

I would like to ask the members, when you procratinate, why do you do it??

Any thoughts??
    Josh_A Posts: 11, Reputation: 4

Apr 14, 2007, 04:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Taukame
    I just realized that I have been procratinating a lot lately. Not only with the chores that I don't like to do but with just about everything. I have always been a very energetic person, not needing much sleep and constantly staying busy trying new things and going places.
    This seem to have started when I started working an overnight shift with children. For the first year everything was fine. I could work, go to school, take care of my household responsiblities and find time to do some fun stuff.

After the first year, the woman that I work with kind of started to slack off. She's and older woman who has been with the company for over thirty years. She's not very good with the documentation so it has sort of feel to me to do most of it. Also, the children don't really listen to her the way that they listen to me, so I wind up dealing with the kids' behavioral issues most of the time as well.

This past week I have been off work due to an ear infection, and I guess because I had time to think I realized that most of the things I do and have been doing for the past ten years have been for somebody else. I guess I have just started to resent the responsibility.

Whenever we think of procrastinators we tend to think of lazy people, is it possible that they are just resentful people??

I would like to ask the members, when you procratinate, why do you do it???

Any thoughts????
    I had a situation somewhat similar to yours once... turns out I was mildly depressed because I didn't like the situation I was in anymore, and it was sapping me of all my energy. I wasn't procrastinating, I was drained of my lifeforce and vitality!

I can't recommend staying stuck in any situation that doesn't feel good. Change something, either yourself or your situation, fast!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search