Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    haircolourtrouble Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Jan 6, 2007, 04:52 PM
    Hair stripped twice.. help
    This is my story, I sure hope someone can give me some honest advice. Here it goes: I started colouring my hair approximately 2 years ago. My natural hair colour is light brown, I wanted it a bit darker, went to the salon and it turned out great. Did this a few times and loved it. I made the mistake of checking out another salon which I had heard was great for colour- big mistake, my hair turned out a very dark auburn. I specified that I DID NOT want any reddish in my hair. My hair does pull on the red side. I went back to see her to correct the colour and I think she added henna... that was an even bigger mistake, my hair went even darker and redder. I was in a panic, even more because I was getting married in 8 months. I eventually went to see the lady who did my very first colour and she said we have to strip to hair with effasore and she did, my hair ended up orangey colour, she added a colour and my hair was still orangey but better... to make this long story shorter... I ended up seeing someone else my hair went dark again (I know stupid me)... had to get my hair stripped AGAIN (even stupider of me)... now it's been 6 months of that. My hair now is still that orange brownish colour, it is not dark anymore which is a great thing. The lady who is colouring my hair now is adding permanent colour to my roots and I am unsure as to why? I don't seem to get her explanation. I just want my natural colour back. Please help. I know this is a drawned out question but I have been through so much... I am about to go bald and start all over again soon.

Desperate for help.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Jan 8, 2007, 05:17 PM
    If you want to neutralize the orange tones, you will need to use a blue-base hair color. This process is tricky to do, and should be done by a professional. Tell your hairstylist that he/she can remove the orange tones with an "ash" color that contain a blue-base.
    Chanel_x_ Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2007, 09:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by haircolourtrouble
    This is my story, I sure hope someone can give me some honest advice. Here it goes: I started colouring my hair approximately 2 years ago. My natural hair colour is light brown, I wanted it a bit darker, went to the salon and it turned out great. Did this a few times and loved it. I made the mistake of checking out another salon which I had heard was great for colour- big mistake, my hair turned out a very dark auburn. I specified that I DID NOT want any reddish in my hair. My hair does pull on the red side. I went back to see her to correct the colour and I think she added henna...that was an even bigger mistake, my hair went even darker and redder. I was in a panic, even more because I was getting married in 8 months. I eventually went to see the lady who did my very first colour and she said we have to strip to hair with effasore and she did, my hair ended up orangey colour, she added a colour and my hair was still orangey but better...to make this long story shorter...I ended up seeing someone else my hair went dark again (I know stupid me)...had to get my hair stripped AGAIN (even stupider of me)...now it's been 6 months of that. My hair now is still that orange brownish colour, it is not dark anymore which is a great thing. The lady who is colouring my hair now is adding permanent colour to my roots and I am unsure as to why? I don't seem to get her explanation. I just want my natural colour back. Please help. I know this is a drawned out question but I have been thru so much...I am about to go bald and start all over again soon.

Desperate for help.
    I had my hair stripped.
    They put a dye over it straight away
    Closest to my ntural colour

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hair loss due to hair dye [ 14 Answers ]

I feel sooo terible, I used dye called (biegen, I think) it is very cheap, I did not like the color so I used around 3 boxes in a week to change the color now my hair is very dry and is falling like crazy especially at the front I can see my scalp now, what should I do would my hair grow back or...

HELP! Brown hair color turned my hair a dark red! [ 31 Answers ]

So my girlfriend helped me color my hair to hide a few gray hairs coming in. Its usually a light to med brown, thought I might go darker. We used Loreal excellence crème ( Medium Brown). It actuall turned my hair into almost a dark redish brown, looks like I have naturally dark red hair! HELP! ...

How damaging is having your hair stripped? [ 1 Answers ]

My natural hair colour is a very dark blonde. I have been dying my hair for the past four years and have had my hair a dark red which then lightened to ginger. I have attempted to dye my hair dark brown but it turned out jet black. I used a home kit to dye my hair and it is permanent. I really want...

Fixing hair color on dark hair? [ 2 Answers ]

I have caramel and ash brown highlights on black hair and wanted to touch up the roots myself... unfortunately, when I used a box of medium ash brown hair dye, it made my roots look a little reddish brown (very slight on the reddish). I also covered too much so it looks like the top of my head is...

Stripped stem [ 1 Answers ]

Cold water handle spins because stem is stripped; how do I repair this

View more questions Search