Ask
    AKEALAH Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2010, 09:31 AM
    How do I bid on a janitorial contract.
    Do i bid by square foot or what i have to clean
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Nov 21, 2010, 12:12 PM

Calculate all you business costs: payroll, admin, equipment, supplies, profit, etc, per hour.

Then calculate your cleanable square footage, then calculate how much you can effectively clean in one hour. Divide that into the total cleanable square footage to see how many hours it will take daily to clean the building.

Stringer
    nationalproclean Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2010, 01:03 PM

There are several things you must determine. First; the cleaning frequency (is it 5 times a week - 21.6 times a month). Next you need to know the cleaning requirements (will it be a deep clean nightly or a partial clean 4 nights and a deep clean one night). Other things you must consider are the expectation levels (immaculate white glove cleaning or a quick touch up), occupancy density (high, med or low) use of the building (heavy, med or light), etc.

From this you can develop an estimated production rate. Divide the production rate into the building square footage to arrive at the number of hours required per night. Next, you would start with your local janitorial labor rate, add payroll expenses, all of your overhead and then a net profit (most likely 20-30%). Your quote will be for the monthly amount.

{advertising removed-<>}

Gary Clipperton
    National Pro Clean

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to bid on commercial cleaning job 284000 sq ft should I bid per sq or per hour [ 5 Answers ]

I have the oppurtunity to bid a pretty big commercial cleaning job 296 offices, 59 bath rooms15 kitchens 32 waiting areas. What is the best way to bid this job.

A. Joe has signed a contract to sell gadgets to the city. The contract provides that [ 12 Answers ]

Joe operates a business that locates and purchases specialized assets for clients, among other activities. Joe uses the accrual method of accounting but he doesn’t keep any significant inventories of the specialized assets that he sells. Joe reported the following financial information for his...

Janitorial bid form [ 2 Answers ]

Janitorial bids

Very Hard to me to find a contract bid [ 10 Answers ]

Guys, I have been trying very hard these past few weeks to somehow obtain a bid for a contract with an office or any location possible. I have given my card to car dealerships, banks, offices etc. I have also sent my card to day care locations introducing myself and explaining my services... ...

Correct bid for contract work [ 2 Answers ]

I was wondering what the correct bid for a painting contract. Total of 7 rooms , that's including all bathrooms and kitchen. The home is approximentley 1,000 sq. ft. so if you don't mind I would like to hear what you think is a fair bid on this job. ...

View more questions Search