Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Marissa17 Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2007, 07:52 AM
    Mixed Signals from an Ex With a New Girlfriend
    Here's the long story short.. after being together for almost 2 years my boyfriend broke up with me 4 months ago at the beginning of junior year of high school saying he doesn't want to be in a relationship right now and needs a break. We remained good friends and I gave him space. Things started getting back to normal as if we were a couple again but out of the blue he asked out my friend's little sister, which has made things very awkward and even more upsetting for me. I feel like I was led on to some extent. They've been together for a little over a month now but he's began showing me signs that he may still be interested in me. He turns around in class just to look at me and we just sit there in silence staring at each other, he compliments my hair and my clothes every day and instant messages me a lot online. I think part of the reason he's begun doing this is because I was sort of playing hard to get and I was pretending to be happy as if it doesn't bother me anymore. Naturally, people want what they can't have. However, I want to be there for him and help him out with homework and little things like that but at the same time I want him to miss what he had, because I was always there for him. His new girlfriend isn't really into him but she sticks around because of the novelty of dating an upperclassman. If I continue to be good to him I'm afraid he'll take advantage of me and I'll just get used but if I'm not good to him then he'll assume too much that I don't care about him anymore and he'll truly move on. Any advice on what could be considered a happy medium? I'd appreciate it, thanks.
    tiklemiipink92 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2009, 02:56 PM

I went through the same type of situation. As ahrd as it may sound don't focus on him at all and try to be happy and carefree without trying to impress him. If he's dating an unerclassman more than likely the relationship will fail. Don't sweat it just act cool- while they're dating you may just realise you are happier without him - but even if you aren't if you act like you are he will come back. Don't have him cheat on her cause that will get youno where he will get to have his cake and eat it too. And don't let him know you like him just flirt otherwise he will think he has you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Earthquake signals [ 3 Answers ]

A devastating earthquake struck northern pakistan on 8th of October and within 10-15 minutes of this earthquake we lost about 70-80 thousand lives and millions home-less. The biggest reason of such huge loss of life is that we cannot predict an earthquake. But it is commonly said that animals such...

Signals [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Can any one tell me what is the difference between Large and small signal Low and high siganl Flipflop and latch

My EX boyfriend is giving me mixed signals! [ 11 Answers ]

I'm 'H', 21yrs old and in need of some of advice! When I was 16yrs I became friends with a guy (who I will name 'T') he is in the army. I had known his two brothers for years, and finally met 'T' when he came back to my home town to visit his family & friends. 'T' and I hit it off instantly...

Mixed Up [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I had someone do my taxes for me. I gave them all of my documents. On one of the documents was my mother's SS# because we share in a mortgage together. The tax person put that SS# on my return instead of mine (which was on all of the 5 other pieces of documentation). I was unaware of this...

View more questions Search