Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    meho11 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2010, 07:09 PM
    In someone's car was in accident and no insurance?
    I was in a accident in my friends car the car was in her mothers name I was at fault and the car had no insurance do I have to pay for everything
    meho11 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2010, 07:11 PM
    I have a judgement on me shouldn't it be against them cause it was their car
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 14, 2010, 08:23 PM
    Do you have a car? Is it insured? If so, your insurance company MAY pay for it depending on coverage. The other car may have uninsured motorist coverage. However, their carrier will most likely subrogate back to you and possibly put a lien against you. As for the damage to the car you were driving, you are liable for the damages
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Nov 14, 2010, 09:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by meho11 View Post
    i have a judgement on me shouldnt it be against them cause it was their car
    But you were driving, right? In that case, no. Diid they do anything wrong (do anything that was negligent)? The judgment is properly against you.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 15, 2010, 05:07 AM

They do bear some responsibility for letting you drive their car. But, since you were the driver the primary onus is on you. If the other party filed suit only against you, that was their choice.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Car accident my car with insurance but no license [ 8 Answers ]

I had a car accident with my car with an insurance cover but no valid license but provisional driving licence which I have accepted liability of,what would be the repercussions

Car accident with no insurance [ 5 Answers ]

I live in Bradenton Florida, I had a car accident in 2005 , it was my fault, I wasn't high speeding but I was on a phone call , didn't realize the light turned red and ipassed it, I hit a car which the car didn't have big damage and the person who was driving just got some scratched , I didn't have...

Car Accident Without Insurance [ 9 Answers ]

I was in a car accident this afternoon. I was on a one way three lane street on the left lane. THe lady that hit me was in the middle lane and made a left turn not seeing me and ran right into me. I found out after the accident talking to my insurance company that my insurance expired. What does...

I was in a car accident and the owner of the car had no insurance. [ 6 Answers ]

I don't know what to do... Help

2 car accident with no insurance [ 8 Answers ]

Hello! I am hoping someone can help me with this. My husband was in a car accident where he rearended a woman's vehicle while entering a highway. The woman went to the hospital. My husband was not injured but both cars received bad damage. We were surprised to find out that we did not have coverage...

View more questions Search