Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tori_lea Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2010, 06:29 PM
    Semi- permanent hair dye
    Hi there, my names Tori and I'm from Newzealand. And I need some help with my hair colour.
    I've always had blonde highlights for 1-2 years, and awhile ago I decided to dye my hair Meduim brown.. It turned abit Red/orange and my friends called me period head (as a funny joke) lol.. I kept washing and washing my hair every day.. and even put dishwashing liquid in it. (but still no luck) so then my mum suggested to dye it abit more chocolate Brown.. So I did that and it turned allright... so its been more than 28 days and I'm still stuck with a yucky brown faded hair with some of my blonde roots coming out.. I am going to be going back to Blonde highlights again in the Christmas holidays.. and I will never be going back Brown ! But the thing is I want to get the artificial hair colour out of my hair and go back to my natural hair colour then let it go natural for abit then go back to highlights ASAP ! I need something cheap and simple to get rid of the hair colour, I don't have the money and time to go the hair salon and get it stripped !
    Any ideas? Help!
    :D[/B]
    Lanist57 Posts: 31, Reputation: 8

Nov 28, 2010, 01:33 PM
    There is really no such thing as "getting the artificial hair color out of your hair and going back to your natural hair color". However, there are ways to fake it. It is also not a "cheap and simple" process. I would simply suggest that when you get your highlights put back in, that you let your stylist know what your goal is, and he/she can place and tone your highlights to help blend your new growth to your colored hair. Adding lowlights to your new growth only can help blend the hair as it grows out as well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I tone down or remove a semi permanent red hair dye over bleach blonde hair? [ 3 Answers ]

I am at my wits end! I had my hair professionally frosted about two months ago. I like the blonde, with my dark hair roots, but I wanted to add some red low lights with the blonde streaking throughout. However, I did not get the results I wanted. Now I have dark roots, and a multi blonde/red...

How soon can I dye hair after using semi permanent [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there, I have dyed my hair using a movida semi permanent home dying kit, colour chesnut brown. Im naturally dark brown with a few grey hairs. The colour has come out really even and its lovely and shiny but hasn't covered the grey hairs quite as well as I would have liked. How long would I have...

Semi-Permanent Hair dye Issues [ 3 Answers ]

I have been dying my hair for four years but between each dying (semi-permanent) I let my natural color come back. The last few times I have done it have been at a salon, my hair dresser since I was three years old just retired and I had a new person dye my hair, he died it way to dark and it has...

Semi-Permanent Hair Dye Removal [ 1 Answers ]

I dyed my hair with purple semi-permanent dye for Halloween and it has significantly faded, but has not completely gone away. I wouldn't mind this, except I have a small dilemma--my semi-formal dance is this next Saturday, and I don't want to be there with purple hair! How can I quickly remove this...

View more questions Search