Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NLR1840 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2010, 12:12 PM
    My chi/pug has just started coughing, while walking today she coughed out some salive
    My chi/pug has in the last two weeks has started coughing, and today we were walking and when she coughed, saliva came out. What's going on?
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Nov 13, 2010, 03:06 PM

Could be a number of things, she could have inhaled something irritating, could be a virus, could be kennel cough, could even be a heart murmur. There are a number of possibilities, but no one here can diagnose your pup.

Also dogs with short snouts such as yours are prone to respiratory or breathing problems, they are also subject to reverse sneezes, and other piggish sounds.

You need to seek advice from your vet to rule out any medical problems.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pug having major problems: congested(clear), walking, eating, bathroom [ 2 Answers ]

Hi... I'm hoping someone else has experienced this weird range on symptoms with their pug or similar breed. I'm afraid if the vet or we don't come up with something soon he's not going to make it! 1) we went on a walk (we do 2 x's daily) and about 1/2 way through the Pug laid down and wouldn't...

My Yorkie has started coughing all the time [ 1 Answers ]

I have a three year old Yorkie; he has a flee alergy that we are treating, however, he has now developed a terrible cough. I plan to take him to the Vet next week when I have a day off, but I want to know what could be the reason behind this. Thank,

Sudden excessive saliva and hacking from my chi-pug. [ 1 Answers ]

In the last two weeks my dog has suddenly started drooling uncontrollably. He is also starting to hack/cough a bit. Today he is refusing to go poop. We've taken him to the vet, and blood work came back OK, they cleaned his teeth, and he is STILL having the problem of the drool. This is such a...

9 month old pug just started poopin in crate [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 9 month old pug that just started in the last 4 days pooping in her crate. I live in Vancouver BC and we have had weather really hot above average. We have for a few months had no seperator in the crate and all was well. She would poop in the house outside of the crate every few days...

7 month old pug started peeing on my bed! [ 2 Answers ]

I don't know what to do. She is 7 months old and potty trained. What could be wrong.I have not spayed her yet. :confused: Please help me

View more questions Search