Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    imsurroundedbyfish Posts: 101, Reputation: 10

Nov 13, 2010, 08:01 AM
    I am a christian and I think I have had a shared dream
    I am a christian and I'm looking for another Christian, or person who knows a lot about that beliefs of Christians, to help me with this:

The other day I met the fiancée of one of my best mates. I've wanted to meet her for absolutely ages because I have had prophetic dreams about their relationship, which led me to her boyfriend, with whom I am really good friends, telling me a lot of stuff about her that not many people know.

When I met her she said "I don't know you, but I feel like I should."
    We've never had any contact before (except I accidentally sent her a friend request on a social networking site which she ignored), BUT I once had a dream where she and her fiancée were staying round my house. Her fiancée told me to go wake her up, so I went and woke her up, and we had a conversation in the dream and got to know each other.

This dream was so realistic and I am kind of wondering if maybe she had this dream as well. Perhaps she doesn't remember it but I'm finding it so freaky she recognized me - when actually my profile picture on the aforementioned social networking site is not of me.
    I've looked into shared dreaming and I know that its believed to be possible, but its very rare. So my first question is: who thinks it is possible we had a shared dream but her dream recall is just appalling?

Secondly, I have a christian friend who is always telling me to be careful with my dreams, and not get caught up in the art of lucidity or astral projection because its satanic and wrong. I agree with her and I think most christians do.
    However I can't help but wonder if, as a christian, I should be saying that I can't have had a shared dream because it is satanic, and I shouldn't believe in them at all. And if I do I should believe it comes purely from satan.

I'm so confused that something that might be wrong in my religion has happened to me.

So I guess what I'm saying is, is the idea of shared dreaming against christianity?
    If so how comes I seem to have had one? Was it really that?

HELP!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 13, 2010, 01:52 PM

If the message you get in a dream to for the good of the Church and the mission of Christ, dreams can tell us things,
    I would worry about what you consider shared dreams
    imsurroundedbyfish Posts: 101, Reputation: 10

Nov 14, 2010, 04:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    I would worry about what you consider shared dreams
    Why? From what I can tell from websites a shared dream is a dream in which two people, whether they know one another or not, stumble across each other and wake having had exactly the same dream as each other.
    I think my logic as to why I think this could have been the case is reasonable. However, my question is whether such a scenario is meant to be considered 'wrong' in the eyes of a christian prophetic dreamer such as myself.
    Since I have always had dreams that mean things.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I dream of my brother dying in my car and I cannot cry for him in my dream [ 3 Answers ]

I dream of my brother dying in a crash in my car, but there is nothing I can do to help him, he was in the passanger side, but I did not see the driver, I see blood coming out of his mouth and ears, I try to cry for him in my dream but cant

I had a dream that my Ex told me he died and then came alive again in your dream? [ 2 Answers ]

We haven't really spoke in a while he's been acting weird and only responds when he wants to and I believe he is in a new relationship. We are only friends but he seems to be interested in what I'm doing and wants to get back with me somehow. I'm not sure how this dream relates to anything. Please...

Never sleep late to dream, the dream. Always wake up early to live the dream. [ 0 Answers ]

I wanted to know who said or wrote the saying? Never sleep later to dream, the dream. Always wake up early to live the dream. Or, Idon't sleep late to dream, the dream. I wake up live the dream.

Crazy Dream: Need Interpetation: Spirit present in dream [ 11 Answers ]

This is a long and strange dream so be patient but, I guarantee you'll have fun with it. This dream has several movements so bare with me, they all came in succession. Phase 1- I'm the son of a wealthy arab woman. She dotes on my quite heavily, seems I'm her favorite son. In a few days, I'm to...

View more questions Search