Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mardi24 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2010, 03:58 PM
    Can my home be foreclosed on with IRS lien
    If the banks foreclosure wipes out the IRS lien does it mean I no longer owe the IRS.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Nov 10, 2010, 04:15 PM

Nope, you still owe and if the bank resells your home for less than the loan amount you may owe them too. Most likely the bank will sell and the IRS takes their money from the sale, the bank will likley come up short of satifiying the loan balance and come after you for the money

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A lien was placed against me on property I was renting it is an IRS lien and I have h [ 1 Answers ]

The IRS filed liens for my delinquent taxes on properties where I was only renting.I had no ownership in any of thses properties.Do the liens remain IRS and recorder of deeds blamed each other when I tried to have the liens removed

What happens to HOA Lien if home foreclosed on [ 1 Answers ]

I am the treasurer for a HOA. We filed a lien for nonpayment of assessments. The house was foreclosed on. I have been told that the HOA Lien is wiped out?

IRS lien [ 2 Answers ]

My wife and I have a tax lien, roughly $20k. This lien was placed against our house, and a few old rental homes we had. However, when things hit the fan, and they usually do for a reason, and as I lost my job, I had to file bankrupcty. Included in the bankruptcy, I listed the primary home,...

My Junior Lien Deed just got foreclosed on [ 2 Answers ]

Do I have any recourse that I can pursue to recover the monies loaned out to a friend of a friend and secured by a deed of trust on a property that just foreclosed.

View more questions Search