Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BigEinAZ Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2007, 10:55 PM
    Rust Stain in Solid Surface, Seamless Sink
    I accidentially left an old cookie sheet in my new solid surface (Corian), seamless sink. The corners left rust stains that form 90 degree angles on both ends. I have the crème colored sink, so I haven't felt comfortable using bleach to remove the stain.

Anyone have any suggestions for how to remove the stains? They're very unpleasant to the eye and I just spent a ton of money upgrading to these countertops with the seamless sinks!

Thanks!
    Carguy Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2007, 10:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEinAZ
    I accidentially left an old cookie sheet in my new solid surface (Corian), seamless sink. The corners left rust stains that form 90 degree angles on both ends. I have the creme colored sink, so I haven't felt comfortable using bleach to remove the stain.

Anyone have any suggestions for how to remove the stains? They're very unpleasant to the eye and I just spent a ton of money upgrading to these countertops with the seamless sinks!

Thanks!
    Dear stained,

I used a product some time ago when I was in the carpet business and I believe it was called "Rusterator" or something like that. It did wonders, allowing us to remove rust from any carpet or flooring surface with no harmful results. I do not see why it would harm your sink. I would check with the local hardware store, and if they don't have it, call a carpet supplier. Just make sure you plug your nose and don't inhale any of it. Best of luck!
    dclynch Posts: 202, Reputation: 19

Feb 2, 2007, 11:02 AM
    You might also try a paste of cream of tartar or citric acid. This often removes rust stains.
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2007, 07:25 PM
    Big, there is a cleaning kit that is usually given to people who buy Corian countertops. But, it really isn't necessary to buy it because it includes products that you can buy on your own. Dupont makes the corian countertops and sinks. Here is a link to their web page that tells you how to remove stains.

Care & Maintenance

Hope this helps.
    Nwptsailor Posts: 56, Reputation: 4

Feb 3, 2007, 08:25 AM
    Corian can be sanded as if it were a piece of wood. That does not mean ,however that you drop belt sander down and wack away. Take some very high # grit , and gently , slowly & systematically experiment. Start with perhaps a 220. Lightly sand and then progress to a higher number grit and repeat that process until you have the desired matching appearance.
    Take note to sand in a wide enough area as to prevent creating a noticeable crater.
    wags Posts: 80, Reputation: 4

Feb 12, 2007, 09:02 PM
    Use a scotch brite pad, typically white but grey or maroon for a more aggressive response. This is merely on the surface as Solid Surface is non porous. A little Comet can be used with a sponge also.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rust Stain in Solid Surface, Seamless Sink [ 1 Answers ]

I accidentially left an old cookie sheet in my new solid surface (Corian), seamless sink. The corners left rust stains that form 90 degree angles on both ends. I have the crème colored sink, so I haven't felt comfortable using bleach to remove the stain. Anyone have any suggestions for how to...

Weird stain on large window surface [ 1 Answers ]

Firstly, this stain only appears when the glass is steamed up or when the glass gets a bit dirty. When immaculately clean, it doesn't show at all. It is like a film on the surface of the glass, which throws water off or makes it go into beads. It has been there since we stripped the wallpaper in...

Stain under sink [ 4 Answers ]

There is a small raised patchy area under our sink that was checked with inspection when we bought the house. Nothing was found to be leaking, and it was thought it was an old drip that was repaired, or something spilled and dried up. That area has now turned blueish green. I do use those...

Solid surface repair [ 1 Answers ]

I have an Avonite top with a chip, 1/4" wide by 1/6" deep. I have the old > sink cut out for repair material and bought a new tube of the original > epoxy. Ideally, I am tiring to find a 3/8" tapered bit with a MATCHING > 3/8" tapered plug cutter. Is there such a thing out there? Where can I...

Rust Stain in Sink- Hints? [ 5 Answers ]

I was out of town for a week, and my housesitter left a can of pet food in the white enameled kitchen sink. The rust ring it left is proving very difficult to remove. I used lots of scrubbing, and a product called "CLR" to almost no avail. The stain has lightened a bit, but is still there. ...

View more questions Search