Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    lolaprince03's Avatar
    lolaprince03 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Nov 6, 2010, 08:59 PM
    Non contested divorce In Orange County California for poor woman
    How can a poor woman get a cheap divorce from a man she hasent lived with in two years in Orange County California?no children ,no money to split, no property, nothing to argue over. We got married in santa ana 4 years ago. We both want it. He just won't file because he doesn't the money.What a huge mistake our marriage was!! Help!!
    s_cianci's Avatar
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

    Nov 7, 2010, 11:38 AM

    File the appropriate form in the Family Division of the Superior Court in the county where you reside. You should be able to find a sample online or at the courthouse library. There'll be some fees involved but nothing extraordinary. Be sure to have your husband served with a copy of your complaint at his last known address, according to the procedures established by the court.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is there any way around a contested divorce in NY state when the other party refuses? [ 15 Answers ]

This is my first time using the help desk. I have read similar questions from women in situations like mine. The bottom line is... we put ourselves here. 26 months ago I began dating a man who, putting it lightly, misrepresented himself as "divorced". Not long after- under the direct question...

Contested divorce and trying to do it on my own. [ 2 Answers ]

My ex husband is a commercial fisherman. I am a single working mother. (my son is from first marriage) We were only married for 4 months before he decided he wanted a divorce. We have not properties, no children, and no monies together. He is asking for a china hutch he gave me, for me to...

Contested divorce [ 3 Answers ]

Our daugther has filed for divorce. Her soon to be X, I hope, is contesting wanting equity. We gave her the land, made down payment and other expenses of setting up double wide. He signed papers all he intitled to was one half of principal paid on home. He has not lived there for 2 yrs and did...

I got a contested divorce [ 1 Answers ]

I am living in CA. After I got married, I have been in constant verbal and physical violence from my wife. After my wife beat me several times in one week in August 2007, I filed a refraining order and moved out. Since then we separated. Last month I filed the divorce petition, recently I received...

I want to fill for a non contested divorce on my own what should I do [ 2 Answers ]

My wife and I have been married for 7 years now. Wev'e only lived together for the 1st month and have never live together since. We have no kids no property or any dept together, nothing. We speak sometimes to one another and we both bring up the subject of divorce and we agree to meet complete...

View more questions Search