Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dianardo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2010, 04:07 AM
    Removing a 16 year old tub spout that I can't get at the set screw.
    There is a square hole on the underside of the spout closest to the tile wall but there is a white plastic piece blocking what I think might be the screw that needs to be undone to remove the spout. How do I get past this plastic piece? I can't seem to find any answer and need some help! Please and thank you!
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 3, 2010, 05:35 AM

Did you twist the spout? Pry the plastic piece out and see if there isn't a Allen Set Screw up there. '
    Take a knife and scrape the spout. Is it plastic or brass under the chrome finish. Let me know what you find, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Slip-on Tub Spout - Can't access set screw [ 19 Answers ]

I have been reading the posts about removing the different types of spouts. Mine is a 1/2 inch copper tube out of the wall. I can't get to the set screw. The spout will turn and with pressure come about 3/4" off the wall. I don't want to pull any harder and twist because I think I may damage...

Do I have to install the tub spout with a tub/shower set? [ 1 Answers ]

Do I have to install the tub spout portion of a tub/shower trim package?

Screw won't tighten on tub spout [ 1 Answers ]

Replacing a tub spout and the screw tightens while off the pipe but won't tighten once spout is placed over pipe - this is a non-threaded pipe with a spout that has the one screw (allen wrench)

Spout removal: access to set screw blocked? [ 8 Answers ]

My shower diverter isn't working and I'm trying to remove my spout assembly. I'm guessing it's the set-screw type, but the openning (identified in attached picture) has a hard plastic plug in it. Am I supposed to drill that out or something? Thanks in advance!

Removing Tub Spout [ 7 Answers ]

I know this has been discussed in length, but I don't want to bust something trying to do it the wrong way. I have tried to turn the spout counterclockwise and it won't budge. Any ideas? http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk79/telluriccheese/P1050042-1.jpg ...

View more questions Search