Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vivek1983 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2007, 03:59 AM
    Restrict control Panel
    I want to restrict control Panel access to the local users on XP Professional. But administrator must be able to access the control Panel. How can I do this?
    jahnplay Posts: 83, Reputation: -1

Jan 4, 2007, 05:40 AM
    Go in controlpannel and go to users and use parental control on the account you want to block and use application restrictions and select files that can contorl the PC like control pannel there will discription for each program on the list what it does hope this helps

Make sure you set it to the other accounts not the admin account
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 4, 2007, 07:21 AM
    You need to use the Policy Editor to fine tune what an user can and can't do. This article:
    How To Use the Group Policy Editor to Manage Local Computer Policy in Windows XP
    Should help with that. The Users icon in Control Panel only allows you to set a user as Admin or Limited.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Integrated keypad and control panel [ 4 Answers ]

We have been shopping around for a security system for a while. Lately we have been talking to a company called Monitronics and they have offered us 5 doors, 4 windows, one smoke, and one glass breaker for 210 dollars. Our concern is that their system does not have a separate control panel....

Control panel [ 1 Answers ]

When I click on Add Remove programs I can’t see my current programs I’m using windows XP professional Also Control panel items not display :rolleyes:

Removing Kenmore Elite Control Panel [ 0 Answers ]

For the life of me, I cannot determine how to remove the top Control Panel of a Kenmore Elite 110.24952300 Washing Machine. I want to hinge it back so I can remove the cabinet and access the pump. Am I missing the obvious?

Control 2 AC units with 1 panel [ 2 Answers ]

I have a new 2 story home with 2 AC units. One upstairs and one down. How can I control the upstairs thermostat from downstairs? Ok, I'm lazy!

Can not open "Display" item on Control Panel HELP ! [ 2 Answers ]

When trying to open the "display" applet inside Control Panel I get a message stating that the system administrator has disabled the miniapp "video" on control panel. I am the administrator om my Windows XP computer and did not do this. Can anyone help me plesae ? Thanks : Mauro

View more questions Search